12691Re: Changing font for highlighted groups

  • rocketspops
    Aug 14, 2011
      Björn Winckler wrote:
      > I was not even aware of this feature. It seems to work partially,
      > e.g. I can set the "font" property for the "Normal" highlight group in
      > a regular text document, but I have not been able to set e.g. the
      > "Comment" group to use a different font in an Objective-C file.

      I too have run into this issue. The font property works (though it seems a
      little buggy) with the "normal" highlight group, but not with any other.

      Regarding the "buggy" ness: I've also encountered problems while setting the
      font attribute, though I admit it could be a lack of understanding on my
      part. But, if I try to use the font property to set a font that has spaces
      in it's name (e.g):

      hl StatusLine font=Alto\ Mono\ Normal:h11 guifg=#444444 guibg=#2B2B2B

      I get the following errors:

      Error detected while processing
      line 29:
      E416: missing equal sign: Normal:h11\ guifg=#C4C4C4 guibg=#2B2B2B
      E235: Unknown font: Alto\

      However, if I use a font that has no spaces in between names (e.g):

      Everything works as it should. I'm running MacVim snapshot 61 on OSX 10.7.

      Any Ideas?