12465Re: Changing font for highlighted groups
- Jul 2, 2011On Jul 2, 7:31 pm, Spiff <spiffis...@...> wrote:
> Hi. Are there any plans to implement font selection in highlights, asIIUC what is said under ":help highlight-font" you can use this in any
> in gvim/GTK2?
> e.g. hi! Conceal font=STIXRegular:h14
GUI vim (including MacVim), not only in gvim with GTK2 GUI, *BUT* for
any highlight group other than Menu and Tooltip:
- the font chosen should be a monospace font, and in gvim flavours
other than GTK2 it MUST be so
- the font chosen must have exactly the same pixel dimensions as the
default font, and this means the following:
- exactly the same pixel width
- exactly the same pixel height
- exactly the same pixel distance between the bottom of the cell and
the bottom pixels of lovercase x
- exactly the same pixel distance between the top of the cell and
the top pixels of lowercase x
- exactly the same pixel distance (a signed integer, which may be
zero but doesn't have to) between the top of uppercase I and of
Because of these constraints, you will in general be better off
leaving the font unchanged (in MacVim, and in GTK2 gvim too) and
setting the other attributes (bold, italic, bg color, fg color, wavy
As long as I am mayor of this city [Jersey City, New Jersey] the great
industries are secure. We hear about constitutional rights, free
speech and the free press. Every time I hear these words I say to
myself, "That man is a Red, that man is a Communist". You never hear
real American talk like that.
-- Frank Hague (1896-1956)
You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>