12386Re: Svar: Folding

  • Eric Weir
    Jun 2, 2011

      On Jun 2, 2011, at 10:39 AM, Eric Weir wrote:

      After doing that, quitting and restarting Vim, then saving a folded file and reopening it, it opened unfolded.

      My mistake. On my first try I hadn't saved the folded file since inserting those lines in my .vimrc. After doing that the file does open folded. There are a couple of problems, though:

      After inserting these lines when starting Vim or creating a new tab I get this error message:

      Error detected while processing BufWinEnter Auto commands for "*":
      E32: No file name

      And when I open a file, I get the following message:

      Error detected while processing BufWinLeave Auto commands for "*":

      After that, when i hit <return> the file opens folded.

      I suspect something was assumed in the suggestion of this option that in my case should not be assumed. What am i missing?

      Thanks,
      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA  USA