1237Re: Successful ViM 6.2 w/Python 2.3 support under Panther

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Dec 23, 2003
      Benji Fisher wrote:

      > On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 10:54:00AM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > >
      > > Matthew Stott wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hello all, I have been conversing with Benji about this and I've now
      > > > done it twice under Panther. Not all of my steps may be required. I am
      > > > not a ViM developer so I am not sure why many have trouble with this.
      > >
      > > [...]
      > >
      > > Thanks for the explanation and listing the steps. I'll assume that
      > > Benji somehow merges this into his explanations.
      >
      > I am sorry to disappoint you, but I have not been able to reproduce
      > a successful compile of vim with python support. Judging by the error
      > messages from the linker, and some suggestions I have seen, I think the
      > problem is that I upgraded to X.iii instead of doing a clean install.
      > Now, the linker complains about un-pre-bound libraries for Python 2.2 or
      > some such, even though the only Python on my system is now the 2.3
      > installed with Panther.

      For the time being, perhaps you can list the instructions that Matthew
      wrote, or add a link to his messsage.

      I have no idea how to solve your problem, you might have to run some
      utility to "pre-bind" your libraries...?

      --
      From "know your smileys":
      *<|:-) Santa Claus (Ho Ho Ho)