12127Re: maxvert doesn't always "maxvert"

  • David Whetstone
    Feb 21 2:44 PM
      Björn,

      Ok, I'm swimming in message flows. My hat's off to you for keeping this stuff straight. I've seen a number of anomalies between when the fullscreen window comes up correct and when it doesn't. But I still don't understand enough of the interaction to know if the disparity I see is a cause or an effect of the problem.

      But one thing that I can point out pretty clearly is somewhat illustrated below. These are two excerpts of logging output. The first one (Good) is what I see when the window shows up correctly, while the second (Borked) is the incorrect version.

      Good

      -[MMWindowController enterFullscreen:backgroundColor:]@660: Delay enter full screen
      -[MMWindowController setTextDimensionsWithRows:columns:isLive:keepOnScreen:]@311: setTextDimensionsWithRows:76 columns:239 isLive:0 keepOnScreen:1
      -[MMVimController sendMessage:data:]@336: msg=SetWindowPositionMsgID (isInitialized=1)
      -[MMVimController sendMessage:data:]@336: msg=SetWindowPositionMsgID (isInitialized=1)
      -[MMFullscreenWindow enterFullscreen]@136: Enter full screen now

      Borked

      -[MMWindowController enterFullscreen:backgroundColor:]@660: Delay enter full screen
      -[MMWindowController setTextDimensionsWithRows:columns:isLive:keepOnScreen:]@311: setTextDimensionsWithRows:80 columns:239 isLive:0 keepOnScreen:1
      -[MMVimController sendMessage:data:]@336: msg=SetWindowPositionMsgID (isInitialized=1)
      -[MMVimView(Private) frameSizeMayHaveChanged]@891: Notify Vim that text dimensions changed from 239x80 to 239x76 (SetTextDimensionsMsgID)
      -[MMVimController sendMessage:data:]@336: msg=SetTextDimensionsMsgID (isInitialized=1)
      -[MMVimController sendMessage:data:]@336: msg=SetWindowPositionMsgID (isInitialized=1)
      -[MMFullscreenWindow enterFullscreen]@136: Enter full screen now

      It's consistent. There are two cases:

      1. If I start up MacVim with MMAutosaveRows = 76 in my prefs
      file, the first fullscreen window shows up ok, and subsequent
      windows are borked. MMAutosaveRows changes to 80.

      2. If instead I start up with MMAutosaveRows = 80, the first
      fullscreen window shows up borked, and subsequent windows are
      good. And, you guessed it, MMAutosaveRows goes back to 76.

      So, at this point I'm in need of a little guidance. There's a lot more I can say but as I implied above, I'm not sure which information is relevant. If any of this gives you any ideas of where to look, let me know.

      - David