Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

12117Re: maxvert doesn't always "maxvert"

Expand Messages
  • David Whetstone
    Feb 20, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      On Feb 20, 2011, at 9:47 AM, Björn Winckler wrote:

      > On Feb 13, 2011, at 6:57 PM, David Whetstone wrote:
      >
      >> Using MacVim snapshot 57 on OS X 10.6.6
      >>
      >> I've got this in my .gvimrc:
      >>
      >> set fuoptions=maxhorz,maxvert,background:Normal
      >> set fullscreen
      >>
      >> I like to have my non-fullscreen windows at 90x50, roughly in the center of the screen, and my fullscreen windows to cover the screen (maxhorz, maxvert). However, maxvert doesn't always work.
      >>
      >> To reproduce:
      >>
      >> 1. Open MacVim, create one window. (Cmd-N)
      >> 2. switch out of fullscreen mode. (Cmd-Shft-F)
      >> 3. resize the window to 90x50 and center it.
      >> 4. Close MacVim and restart. (Cmd-Q)
      >> 5. Create a new window (Cmd-N)
      >>
      >> This window is perfect. It briefly appears in its 90x50 centered position, then switches to fullscreen, covering the window. If I switch out of fullscreen, it returns to its 90x50 centered position.
      >>
      >> 6. Create another new window (Cmd-N).
      >>
      >> This second window shows up in full screen stretched to the width of the screen, but its vertical size is not stretched to the full height of the screen. If I switch out of fullscreen mode, the window keeps these incorrect proportions (basically full width x 50 lines), and when I switch back to fullscreen, it now covers the screen as it should.
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >> What do I need to do to make this work? Is there some other setting that I've missed?
      >
      > I seem to have forgotten to reply to this post. Anyway, I tried going through the steps you mention, but failed to reproduce the problem. Does it also occur if you don't have "set fullscreen" in you .gvimrc? If so, I think you'll have to leave it that way for now.
      >
      > I did notice some weirdness however -- like the normal window showing up before fullscreen is actually entered, which is not supposed to happen. I have put a note in my todo list to take a look at this.
      >
      > By the way, one thing you could try is to add the line
      >
      > au GUIEnter * set fullscreen
      >
      > to your .gvimrc instead of "set fullscreen". If you're lucky that will work and you can use it as a workaround until I get time to look at this.
      >
      > Björn

      Thanks for the reply. Any time I manually make a window fullscreen, it works properly. It's only with "set fullscreen" that the problem appears, and only after the first window. "au GUIEnter * set fullscreen" exhibits exactly the same problematic behavior.

      Since you can't reproduce the problem, but I can on demand, I'm willing to look into it further myself if you could just point me to the relevant code. Can't guarantee I'll figure it out, but it can't hurt to have a look.

      Thanks,
      - David

      --
      You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic