12086Re: switching between windows in MacVim

    Jan 31, 2011
      On 31 January 2011 16:52, Yi Wen wrote:
      > By Windows, I mean the Mac Windows. not the vim windows.
      >
      > So I can switch among my ITerm2 windows by pressing Apple + ~ key.
      >
      > Why I cannot do the same among MacVim windows? Thanks

      The key to switch windows is there but depending on your keyboard you
      may need to hunt for it. On my US keyboard it is under the key marked
      ~ and `. On some European keyboards it is to the left of the "z" key.

      However, you can bind it to whatever you wish by adding something like
      the following lines to your .gvimrc:

      nmap <D-Right> :maca _cycleWindowsBackwards:<CR>
      nmap <D-Left> :maca _cycleWindows:<CR>

      Substitute <D-Left> and <D-Right> for whatever you like (see ":h
      cmd-key" if you run into problems with mappings involving Cmd). You
      may also want to map to other modes (see ":h map-modes").