11879Re: Fullscreen, multiple monitors

    Oct 8, 2010
      On 8 October 2010 08:10, Nico Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:
      > On 07.10.2010, at 13:05, björn wrote:
      >
      >> On 5 October 2010 22:45, Chuck Harmston <chuck@...> wrote:
      >>> Hey all,
      >>> I've successfully gotten MacVim to go fullscreen on launch with the
      >>> following bit in my vimrc:
      >>>
      >>> if has("gui_macvim")
      >>>
      >>>     set fuoptions=maxvert,maxhorz
      >>>
      >>>     au GUIEnter * set fullscreen
      >>>
      >>> endif
      >>>
      >>> However, it always goes fullscreen on my primary monitor, and I would prefer
      >>> for it to do so on my second monitor. I've unsuccessfully searched for a
      >>> command or setting to control this. Have I missed anything?
      >>
      >> Hi Chuck,
      >>
      >> I can see the problem and I already have a patch in mind.
      >>
      >> I also notice that upon entering full screen, both screens fade to
      >> black and then the one without the window "pops back" which is rather
      >> unpleasant.  Maybe I'll try to change it so that only the screen which
      >> will hold the window fade to black.
      >
      > Do you know how to do that? I looked for a way to do this back then and didn't find anything iirc.

      I don't, no. If you didn't find it I guess I won't waste too much
      time looking -- thanks for letting me know. (I thought perhaps you
      didn't try with multiple monitors when you implemented this.)

      One thought that comes to mind however is to try the new APIs for full
      screen (introduced with 10.5?) but I'm not sure I want to fix
      something that isn't really broken.