11767Re: gestures

  • Steven Michalske
    Sep 2, 2010
      On Sep 2, 2010, at 7:54 AM, björn wrote:

      > On 2 September 2010 13:31, Mark Santcroos wrote:
      >>> Le 1 sept. 2010 à 16:57, björn a écrit :
      >>
      >> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 23:05, Vincent Berthoux <twinside@...> wrote:
      >>> What about this commands :
      >>> nnoremap <SwipeLeft> gt
      >>> nnoremap <SwipeRight> gT
      >>>
      >>> this way, the swipe allow us to switch around the opened tabs, which quite fit the gesture idea.
      >>
      >> I fully support this usage from Vincent, it was exactly what I had in
      >> mind at the time and I like it already.
      >> It is confirming with my Firefox tab switching. And it is really
      >> faster than clicking the tab if you are browsing through text and you
      >> are not near the top.
      >
      > Ok! Still not my cup of tea though. :-)
      >
      > I did however think of something that I am considering to make a
      > MacVim default mapping, namely:
      >
      > nmap <buffer> <SwipeLeft> :po<CR>
      > nmap <buffer> <SwipeRight> :ta<CR>
      >
      > in $VIMRUNTIME/ftpluging/help.vim. This way it is possible to go
      > back/forward in the help files using swipe (but this _only_ applies to
      > help files, so swipe can still be bound to whatever in other buffers).
      > I just tried it out and it makes navigating the help a lot more
      > pleasant! Comments?
      >
      > I also noticed that the swipe key will affect the "focused" view
      > instead of the one that the mouse cursor is over which feels a bit
      > unintuitive. I'll put it on my todo to fix this.

      This is a matter of taste, and depends on the action i'd say. might there be a setting for focus follows, or focused?
      Focus follows mouse is on of the features that I sorely miss from my unix days. I know that I liked the configurability of it ignored the desktop but other windows it would follow, and that would drive others nuts.