11748Re: gestures

    Sep 1, 2010
      On 18 February 2010 23:03, Mark Santcroos wrote:
      > On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 5:24 PM, björn wrote:
      >> On 17 February 2010 15:22, Mark Santcroos wrote:
      >>> Recently I'm trying MacVim again over vanilla vim.
      >>> Anyone has been looking into, trying, considering using gestures?
      >>> One usage scenario that I would like to have is tab-switching.
      >> By "gestures" I assume you mean the various swipes/pinches etc. that
      >> can be done on the track pads of the later model MacBooks?  I've never
      >> looked into this but it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to add
      >> support to bind to these.  Sounds like it could be useful too.
      >> Would anybody want to look into this?  (I'll add it to my todo but it
      >> will take several weeks before I can look into this.)
      > I can look into it myself, but wanted to check if it was worth investigating.
      > I'll try to come up with a patch.

      Hi Mark (and vim_mac),

      It's been a long time since this thread was started but I have now
      implemented rudimentary gesture support for MacVim.

      With the latest source code version there are now several new pseudo keys:

      <SwipeLeft> <SwipeRight> <SwipeUp> <SwipeDown>
      <PinchIn> <PinchOut>
      <RotateCW> <RotateCCW>

      For instance, the following (rather dull) maps let you change buffers
      by swiping:

      nmap <SwipeLeft> :bN<CR>
      nmap <SwipeRight> :bn<CR>

      All new keys are bound to nothing by default (I could not think of any
      "natural" default bindings for them).

      Note that the Pinch/Rotate keys generate a lot of events in one go so
      I'm not sure they will be very useful at this point in time. The
      swipe keys are more "reliable".

      I can't think of anything really useful for this feature yet -- does
      anybody have any neat ideas?