1166Re: Panther gVim

  • Stephen Riehm
    Oct 24, 2003
      Hi Bram, Eric,

      Just a quick note: opening .hqx files can have nasty side effects...
      I had real problems with that line because I've got stuffit expander
      configured to always expand onto the desktop (I only ever expand stuff
      I've just downloaded... and having it expand on the desktop means I
      don't lose track of the things I haven't fully tried out yet - I move
      them into a proper folder (or trash) after testing)

      Is there was to open the .hqx file in such a way that it always expands
      into the current directory?
      (ie: some special command line arg to override the user settings?)

      Cheers,

      Steve

      On Freitag, Oktober 24, 2003, at 12:47 Uhr, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Eric Y. Kow wrote:
      >
      >> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 14:54:39 +0200, Bram Moolenaar
      >> Bram-at-moolenaar.ne=
      >> nder quits."
      >>
      >>> Can't we add a small shell script that hangs around until the files
      >>> that
      >>> are to be unpacked exist?
      >>> =20
      >>> while test ! -f some_file; do
      >>> sleep 1
      >>> done
      >>
      >> good point... the file we want is gui_mac.rsrc.
      >> There's probably some resource-fork business that I don't understand
      >> (which is the reason why we can't just supply gui_mac.rsrc) but this
      >> is
      >> at least better than nothing.
      >
      > OK, please try this:
      >
      > gui_mac.rsrc:
      > open os_mac.rsr.hqx
      > @while test ! -f gui_mac.rsrc; do \
      > sleep 1; \
      > done
      >

      > --
      > ARTHUR: Well, I can't just call you `Man'.
      > DENNIS: Well, you could say `Dennis'.
      > ARTHUR: Well, I didn't know you were called `Dennis.'
      > DENNIS: Well, you didn't bother to find out, did you?
      > The Quest for the Holy Grail (Monty
      > Python)
      >
      > /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net
      > \\\