1156Re: Panther gVim

  • Ricardo SIGNES
    Oct 21, 2003
      * Benji Fisher <benji@...> [2003-10-21T13:59:05]
      > On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 11:59:00AM -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
      > > I compiled gVim (Vim.app) from CVS on Panther just a few days ago. I've
      > > attached the output of :ver
      >
      > I am glad to hear it works OOTB. From your :version output, it looks
      > as though you included Normal features; I usually compile Huge
      > versions. The first report is that my version with -perl -python
      > (compiled on Jaguar) also works on Panther, so we can stick with that
      > for now. If you (or any other volunteer) can compile a version with
      > +perl (and maybe also +python) that runs on Panther, I will be happy
      > to post it at http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/ .

      It compiled with huge features with no complaints. --enable-perlinterp
      did not work and I don't use Perl in Vim, so I'm not sure where to begin
      dealing with it.

      Another nice thing would be for `vim` to open the same binary as
      Vim.app; I don't know enough about MacOS to know whether that's
      possible.

      --
      rjbs
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic