11252Re: mvim from the command line

    Feb 24, 2010
      On 23 February 2010 11:32, Lewis@Gmail wrote:
      > I've been using MacVim for about a week now and am starting to get
      > used to it, but there's a couple of things that are frustrating me.
      >
      > One, is when I ssh into my machine, I am expecting that mvim will
      > behave basically like vim, and let me edit a file from my ssh session.
      > Instead, it's opening the file in the GUI.

      You can read all about starting MacVim in the help files:

      :h macvim-start

      and

      :h mvim

      The gist of it is this: the "mvim" script calls the Vim binary with
      the "-g" flag. If you want to start without a GUI you must not pass
      this flag. The help file will tell you how this can be accomplished.

      (The "mvim" script itself isn't clever enough to detect if you call it
      from an ssh session...all it does is locate the MacVim.app bundle.)