11251Re: mvim from the command line

  • Edward Marczak
    Feb 23, 2010
      On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:32 AM, Lewis@Gmail <gkreme@...> wrote:

      > Also, and this may be off topic, I have the following function in
      > my .bashrc (adapted from this month's MacTech)
      >
      > function vi() { ${HOME}/Applications/MacVim/mvim ${@}: }

      Darn it....I'm the author of that article, and as soon as I saw it in
      print *here*, I immediately said, 'that should be quoted!' So, in
      short, it should be this:

      vi() { ${HOME}/Applications/MacVim/mvim "${@}"; }

      Sorry for the confusion.

      <mumble>
      Mac users and their spaces....who puts spaces in a file name
      anyway...stay off my lawn!
      </mumble>

      As far as mvim behavior, I'm going to guess you're running 10.6, which
      unifies the login sessions. Normally, it's really desirable, but can
      mess you up when remotely ssh-ing in. You can detect this in your
      .bash_profile and act accordingly:

      if [[ $DISPLAY != "" ]]; then
      # We are local
      else