11118Re: Installation clarity

  • George Dinwiddie
    Dec 9, 2009
      Hi, Björn,

      At least some people read the readme, because I did. I just wasn't
      sure, after doing so, what was the "correct" way to install. Much of
      this is my own inexperience with the OSX environment.

      My posting was prompted by two motivations:
      1. To confirm that I'd done a reasonable thing, and
      2. To help improve the situation for the next person.

      I've found that when I know something, it's very difficult for me to
      remember what confused me before I knew it. In many things I create,
      getting that newbie point of view is both important and difficult for
      me. All I'm suggesting is that it might be worth adding a few more
      lines to the readme. Maybe something like:

      "To install, drag the MacVim app into your Applications folder. If
      you'd like easy access from the command line, put the mvim script
      somewhere on your PATH, or provide an alias to it."

      Does that make sense?

      - George