10857Re: Simplified build procedure for MacVim

  • Tyson Roberts
    Oct 3, 2009
      Yeah, I'm in the same situation on my MBP - set the flags and did the 6/4 trick to no avail.

      I suspect that might change in the future, but in any case, not really worried.  I apologize,
      was not meaning to preach to the choir on this one.

      Anyway, I digress - back to MacVim stuff!

      - Tyson

      On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 7:50 PM, orestis <arestis@...> wrote:

      Hello Tyson,

      Yes i am aware of this as some of the apps already run at 64bit mode.
      What I am saying is that apple decided to turn off 64bit mode on
      macbooks completely.

      So even if i change the boot flags as stated here (http://netkas.org/?
      or holding down the keys "6" and "4" during boot, i always get into
      32bit mode.

      What i was thinking was that the automated build process might had a
      bug into
      picking the right libraries / paths and so on, as the configure script
      uses uname to get information about the system...

      However, as it seems the problem was due to a modified icon. (thanks