108Re: can I change the display font?

    Aug 31, 2000
      Robert Link wrote:

      > I've got my monitor settings set such that the defaults in vimppc are
      > just too small. Can I use other fonts (if so, how) or should I give
      > up and go back to 800x600 on the monitor? Thanks!!

      I tried

      :set guifont

      and vimppc told me "guifont=courier:h12" so I tried

      :set guifont=courier:h14

      and it worked fine. If you can figure out what other fixed-width fonts
      you have installed, you should be able to use any of them. On other platforms,

      :set guifont=*

      brings up a window for choosing a font, but this does not seem to be
      implemented on the mac. If you care, various people have
      recommendations for where to find other fixed-width fonts, but Courier
      is good enough for me.

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic