10709Why copy / paste doesn't work within screen.

  • IdaRub
    Sep 3, 2009
      This was killing me, so I spent a bit of time looking at it. It is an
      Apple specific patch to screen:

      http://opensource.apple.com/source/screen/screen-16/patches/screen.c.diff

      +#ifdef __APPLE__
      + if (_vprocmgr_detach_from_console(0) != NULL)
      + errx(1, "can't detach from console");
      +#endif

      vproc_err_t
      _vprocmgr_detach_from_console(vproc_flags_t flags __attribute__
      ((unused)))
      {
      return _vprocmgr_switch_to_session
      (VPROCMGR_SESSION_BACKGROUND, 0);
      }

      This means you're no longer attached to login session / context, and
      can't talk to the pasteboard. I am going to try to monkey patch
      screen and see how that works out.