1061Re: Panther?

  • Bob Ippolito
    Aug 1, 2003
      Ah, right, forgot about the dynamic perl dependency (yuck)

      What you could also do, is rewrite the Mach-O header for the binary..
      you obviously have dev tools installed, so try this:
      install_name_tool -change
      "/System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE/libperl.dylib" "/Previous
      Systems/Previous System
      1/System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE/libperl.dylib"
      /Applications/vim/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim

      Which will rewrite the path it's looking for libperl, rather than
      making symlinks everywhere. You could also try :
      install_name_tool -change
      "/System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE/libperl.dylib"
      "/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1//darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/
      libperl.dylib" /Applications/vim/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim

      But that's really pressing your luck :)

      The perl thing has been causing issues forever, it finally looks like
      they're following their own rules now and versioning the folder. I
      dunno why the hell they're not just putting it in a framework, like
      Python is.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic