10572Re: Switching Control and Command

  • Dmitry Kichenko
    Aug 8, 2009
      Hmm. Now that I think about it this is more of the opposite of what
      I'm trying to do.

      Rather than assigning Control to Caps Lock and remapping applications
      to use Control instead of Command, I would like to have Caps Lock
      mapped to Command instead, and reteach Vim to use Command instead of
      Control in all of its commands (and I can map the Command key to be
      Meta as well). That way all the other applications I use will
      automatically benefit from the Command key being where Control is on
      Windows and hence erase the difference between Windows and Mac OS as
      far as the day to day tasks go.

      I apologize if I seem to complicate life too much but I just wish
      Apple didn't have to be different in every possible way and decided to
      use Control as the primary modifier key. Come one Apple, you've
      already ditched the one button mouse :).

      Thank you for all the help so far.