10539Running part of a Vim file as an Awk program in the shell

  • Birdie Edwards
    Jul 31, 2009
      I have a single Vim file that contains 5 awk scripts. Is there a way
      of running one of those scripts from inside Vim?

      If one wants to run an entire file as an awk script from inside Vim,
      one enters :! ./%

      If one wants to filter a portion of a file through a unix command such
      as sort, one enters : first_line,last_line ! sort

      What I suppose I am looking for is something like: :! ./
      [first_line,last_line]

      I realize that I am probably barking up an imaginary tree.

      Thanks