1047Re: yanking linewise

  • Ben Fowler
    Jul 3, 2003
      At 9:25 pm +0100 2003-07-03, Ben Fowler wrote:
      >At 8:54 pm +0200 2003-07-03, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      >>Ben Fowler wrote:
      >>
      >> > FWIW, using the ex command :put does not have the problem.
      >>> The problem seems to be inside do_put( );
      >>
      >>Does do_put() contain Mac GUI specific code? Don't think so.
      >>
      >>A shot in the dark: Did you try compiling without optimizing? I know
      >>that gcc 3.1 with optimizing causes obscure problems sometimes.
      >
      >Most grateful for your comments.
      >
      >The 'dirty deed' (y_current->y_type changing from MLINE to MCHAR) happens
      >in ops.c on line 864. (Typos excepted, I am not at my OS X machine).
      >
      >I will try what you suggest.
      >
      >It is not do_put( ) containing gui specific code, but the global data
      >causing it to misbahave, I think.

      A sample gcc command used during compilation is:

      /usr/bin/gcc3 -c -F/Volumes/Ben/SF/vim/src/build -I/Volumes/Ben/SF/vim/src/build/include -Iproto -I/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon -arch ppc -fno-common -fpascal-strings -O0 -Wmost -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-unknown-pragmas -pipe "-fmessage-length=0" -mdynamic-no-pic -g -precomp-trustfile /Volumes/Ben/SF/vim/src/build/os_mac.build/vim.build/TrustedPrecomps.txt -Wp,-header-mapfile,/Volumes/Ben/SF/vim/src/build/os_mac.build/vim.build/Vim.hmap "-DMACOS_X_UNIX" ops.c -o /Volumes/Ben/SF/vim/src/build/os_mac.build/vim.build/Objects-normal/ppc/ops.o

      I think that this specifies no optimisation, and nothing out of the ordinary.

      After :set cb=unnamed, a yank (Y) operation yanks into y_regs[ 0 ], but do-put (ops.c line 3061)
      reads from y_regs[ 37 ] . Curiously, the y_array for that register contains "Beta" as expected
      (following the given recipe for evincing the defect), but its y_type is wrong.

      I expect that there is a simple explanation, but for me it time to shutdown the Mac till
      tomorrow.

      Ben.

      Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic