10467Re: Zoom window horizontally too?

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Jul 10 10:09 PM
      On Jul 8, 6:14 am, "David M. Wilson" <d...@...> wrote:
      > Hi there,
      >
      > I've been digging through the docs with no luck. Basically, I have a
      > global accelerator assigned to any menu option labelled "Zoom". This
      > has the effect in Terminal of expanding the focused window to full
      > vertical/horizontal dimensions.
      >
      > Can this be done with MacVim? I noticed the old Carbon port also only
      > maximized vertically, so I thought perhaps there is a generic Gvim-
      > related option for it.
      >
      > (I'm aware of full screen mode - awesome! but not quite what I want)
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > David
      > PS: this thing rocks

      In addition to what Björn said, you should be able to use

      :set lines=99999 columns=99999

      in your gvimrc, or in a ":if has('gui_running')" wrapper in your
      vimrc, to always maximize the Vim GUI (gvim or, I suppose, MacVim).

      You can also zoom the split-windows inside Vim:

      - to do it always, put this in your vimrc:

      if has('windows')
      set winminwidth=0 winwidth=99999 winminheight=0 winheight=99999
      endif

      I use it only for the height, since when running vimdiff I prefer to
      have vertically split windows of equal width.

      - to do it once (from the keyboard, in Normal mode):
      - horizontally: Ctrl-W |
      - vertically: Ctrl-W _

      see
      :help 'lines'
      :help 'columns'
      :help 'winheight'
      :help 'winminheight'
      :help 'winwidth'
      :help 'winminwidth'
      :help CTRL-W__
      :help CTRL-W_bar

      Best regards,
      Tony.
      67. Your hard drive crashes. You haven't logged in for two hours. You
      start
      to twitch. You pick up the phone and manually dial your ISP's
      access
      number. You try to hum to communicate with the modem. You
      succeed.