1036Re: yanking linewise

  • Ben Fowler
    Jul 2, 2003
      At 9:07 am -0400 2003-07-02, Benji Fisher wrote:
      >Ben Fowler wrote:
      >>At 7:12 am -0400 2003-07-02, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
      >>>* Ben Fowler <bfowler@...> [2003-07-02T03:17:43]
      >>>Yeah, I have no doubt that I could compile my own gVim for some X11
      >>>toolkit and have it work. I'd rather have the Carbonized vesion work,
      >>>though, and that's where I see this bug!
      >>I see that.
      >>Perhaps the next step is to engage the help of whoever compiled the version
      >>with the problem.
      > That would be me. Unfortunately, I do not know enough to help. It does seem to be related to the Mac's clipboard.
      > In case someone who can help is reading this, I will give an abbreviated version of the bug report: in the Carbon version of vim, after
      >:set clipboard=unnamed
      >doing "yyp" in Normal mode does not behave as expected.

      Or you could post instructions on how to create the bugged version.

      I still can't reproduce the bug, but I can tell you how I compiled vim (command line version):

      % ./configure
      % make
      % sudo make install

      Having done a make clean and a cvs -q up -dP, I repeated those steps, and got a vim with
      this : ver

      VIM - Vi IMproved 6.2 (2003 Jun 1, compiled 07/02/03 15:38:46)
      Included patches: 1-14
      Compiled by claims@....
      Normal version with X11-Athena GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      -arabic +autocmd +balloon_eval +browse +builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent +clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist
      +cmdline_info +comments +cryptv -cscope +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic -emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search
      -farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path +folding -footer +fork() -gettext -hangul_input -iconv +insert_expand +jumplist -keymap
      -langmap -libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu +mksession +modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape -mouse_dec
      -mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm -mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm -multi_byte +multi_lang -netbeans_intg -osfiletype +path_extra -perl
      +postscript +printer -python +quickfix -rightleft -ruby +scrollbind -signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax
      +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl +terminfo +termresponse +textobjects +title +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit
      +virtualedit +visual +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup +X11 +xfontset +xim -xsmp
      +xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
      system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
      system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
      user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
      fall-back for $VIM: "/usr/local/share/vim"
      Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_ATHENA -g -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -I/usr/X11R6/include
      Linking: gcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o vim -lXaw -lXmu -lXext -lXpm -lXt -lX11 -lncurses

      and without the bug.

      What am I doing right (if anything)?

      Telephone: 0113 2951112 Fax: 0113 2951114
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic