101Re: PWD?

  • vim-mac-egroups-wrapper@vim.org
    Aug 21, 2000
      > How can I open a file from the command line without typing the entire
      > path name? I'm using vimppc 5.7.9 on a revC iMac, sys8.5.1. If
      > there's a good faq for this kind of thing, feel free to point me to
      > it. Thanks!

      Do you want to open the file from the MPW commandline or from the Vim
      comandline?

      On the Vim commandline you can cd to the path of the current document,
      after that :e looks in this folder and below.

      You can use an autocommand like the one shown im macvimrc:
      autocmd VimEnter * if strlen(@%) != 0 | cd %:p:h | endif

      Axel
      --
      There is nothing left to try