Classes, classes and MORE classes

  • Ian Green
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2013
      From the desk of the Royal University of the Midrealm Chancelor Mike Hobbs

      **************************************

      The Joint Aethelmearc Academy/Royal University of the Middle Session is coming and it is starting to come together beautifully.

      First, the InterKingdom Brewing Guild is coming to RUM! With the IKBG the only way to become a master or a judge is to enter so many competitions, and each competition you can only enter in so many items.

      Second, Mistress Serena is putting together a unique Silk Symposium entitled "Moth to Cloth". “Moth to Cloth” is currently in the planning phases, with the goal being a full day “silk tract” that will cover the wonders of silk from many different vantage points, including rearing, reeling, weaving, commerce, history and more!

      Third, classes, classes and more classes. It looks like we may have up to 140 classes!

      Here are a few:
      Confections and the Banquet
      Road Food
      Butchery
      Transcribing the Wagstaff Miscellany
      Cialdoni: the Naughty Italian Pastry
      Eating in Settlement Era Iceland
      Grooming Medieval Style
      14th Century Hairstyles
      14th and 15th century Counted Thread Embroidery
      Making the Norse Apron Dress
      The Thorsberg Trousers (tentative)
      16th Century French Fashions (tentative)
      Pre-16th Century Seam and Edge Finishing Techniques
      German Tellerbarret Hats: Make and Take
      Patterning the Grande Assiette Sleeve
      Balance Your Humors: the Science of Choosing Your Drink
      The Mad Queen & Other Chess Variants from Medieval Europe
      Sorcery 101
      Sorcery 102: Cartomancy
      Paternosters: The Evidence
      Hand Sewing Leather
      Introduction to Period Stained Glass
      Blockprinted Fabric

      Period Pigments Without Poisoning Yourself

      More classes will be added as I have them...

      Fighting classes are being added as we speak and the performing arts will have their own space!

      Here is the event website:

      In addition, the fun does not stop there!

      The Shire of Coppertree will be hosting a standalone session of the Aethelmearc Academy soon after in Little Falls, NY. If you can't come to the joint event, I better see you there!

      LLEW

      --
      Yours In Service,

      THLord Ian the Green