Award Recommendations

  • Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2010
      Salutations from Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh, Midlands Regional Seneschal, to the fabulous People of the Midlands!
      Having just been to Kingdom A&S and Crown Tournament, the attached note from the Dragon Principal Herald, Master Dafyyd, is especially timely.  Please, make recommendations.  Please, if you can, travel to events.  And, Please, if you travel to events, *go to court*!
      Please read below.
      Caitriona

      Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:43:37 -0400 (EDT)
      From: Dafydd Blaidd <dafydd@...>
      Subject: [Mid] Update your award recommendations

      Greetings from Dafydd, Dragon

      We are blessed with a new Prince and Princess and so the line of
      succession is secured once again.  TRH Ullr and AnneLyse have updated
      the Kingdom Calendar to reflect Their progress.  For those of you who have
      made award recommendations, these events are now listed in the events pull
      down.  Please go in and update your recommendations to reflect these
      events where applicable so that They may consider potential recipients who
      *will* be attending those events for recognition in Regency courts.

      While I'm at it, I'd just like to remind people of the importance of award
      recommendations.  It is you, the populace, who are called upon to advise
      The Crown when you see someone who deserves recognition.  This falls
      squarely within 'to serve where serve I might'.  By that same token, when
      you make an award recommendation, *please* try to make certain that the
      recipient is in attendance at the court(s) where you have said that they
      will be.  There are few things that can rival the frustration of going to
      the trouble of researching and finding someone who is deserving of
      recognition, adding them to a court list, having a scroll assigned to
      them, having them called up in front of all their friends to be publically
      recognized, only to find that they are not present to be thanked for their
      hard work, their talent, or their prowess.  I suppose one thing that can
      rival it is to have this senerio happen to *the majority* of a court list.

      I ask you, please, when you make a recommendation, try your best to have
      the recipient at court.

      Award recommendations can be made at http://www.midrealm.org/op/recommend
      and for the most part, anyone can recommend anyone for anything.  The
      important thing to remember is to make sure that the potential recipient
      is deserving of the level of recognition for which they are being
      recommended.  A good rule of thumb is that, while this is not intended to
      be *the rule*, there is a sort of natural progression to the primary
      fields of endeavor in the SCA.
      Examples;
      AoA->APF->GoA->ODH->Pelican,
      AoA->OW/OSO->GoA->OE->Laurel,
      AoA->CRC->GoA->CGM->KSCA/MSCA.

      Thank you

      - --

      In Service to Crown and Kingdom
                />      Master Dafydd "Taffy" Blaidd, OP
                // Dragon Principal Herald of the Middle Kingdom
                \\        Numquam cede, numquam succumbe
                \>