FW: [mkarmy] The NEW SCA Marshals handbook has been posted

  • Doug Petroshius
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008
      FYI to all heavy fighters in the MidlandsGintaras
      Midlands Regional Marshal

      To: mkarmy@yahoogroups.comFrom: bluecat@...: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 18:19:06 -0400Subject: [mkarmy] The NEW SCA Marshals handbook has been posted

      The new SCA Marshals hand book has been posted. See:http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/armored/marshal_handbook.pdfThe new Combat Archery standards are on page 15, 16, 17 if you are interested.One element of the change is the required 28 inch arrow size and draw length for longbows and recurved bows. Early this month I had alerted Forester Greybarr of Wayne ( who owns and runs an archery shop and carries many recurve and longbows) to reserve a stock of 28 inch draw bows in 30 lb or better pull weight in anticipation of the new requirements. That way we have a source to refer combat archers to if they wish to purchase bows.When I spoke to the manufacturer (Charter Plastics) of the 100 psi water pipe ( Siloflex) that we use for arrows last summer, the lead time from order to finished production was 6 weeks. They can pre-cut pipe to specified lengths up to 60 inches- which allows you to make 2 arrows from one length. They do want the buyer to go through a distributor to order the pipe though.Dirk Edward of Frisia