Ayreton Activities Announcement

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2007
      Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

      Below are the weekly activities. If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

      Yours in service,

      --Gianetta

      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

      BARONS NOYSE

      Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

      Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

      Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645

      WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

      TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

      As many might know, Magdalena von der Plesse and Peter the Goldsmith are relocating to the Kingdom of Atlantia. We wish them well in their new endeavors.

      Therefore, I would like to announce the Province of Tree Girt Sea Scribal nights have been changed, beginning October 3rd, 2007.

      Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth
      (mka Vickie Rayhill)

      When: 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month.

      Where: 978 Walter Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60016

      Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm

      More info: 847-824-3814

      The new schedule will begin Wednesday, October 3.

      Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
      illumination.

      THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

      Rokkhealden Scriptorium

      The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint. You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request (per say) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

      http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/

      Thur. Oct. 4
      Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
      Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
      Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the month)

      The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea

      The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences. We meet on the north side of Chicago (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm. Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

      SUNDAY ACTIVITIES

      Science! Night

      Angus, tipsy as usual, bellows:

      "After a wee bit of schedule mangling, Science! night at Pennilond is back. If'n ye' dinna remember, Science! night is set aside at Pennilond Manor for the production of marvels of Science. I have most needed hand tools, table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw, compressed air, small lathe, router table, drill press, and other such items. There is also space and equipment for most other crafts like leatherwork, metal work, cooking,
      painting, and others."

      "Like I said, the nights for the next couple of months are:

      October 7
      October 21
      November 4
      November 18
      December 2
      January 20
      February 17

      All of these are Sundays. The Lab opens at 4:00pm and everyone must cleaned up and out by 10:30 (or so).

      Check the Frasers-Oak <http://www.frasers- oak.com> site for late-breaking information and directions to get to the manor.

      I'm hopin to see a bunch of ye.”

      -*Angus*-