event plug for Midsummer War

  • J M Hughes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      From: Kendrick <jervamp@...>
      Subject: event plug for Midsummer War

      St. Carol on the Moor presents:

      Midsummer War on the Moor II: Conflict at the Crossroads
      Saturday, July 7, 2007

      Evergreen Hollow Park
      West Evergreen Ave
      Effingham, IL 62401

      Moor fighting, moor feasting, moor fun...(and probably moor typical July weather) that you can shake a stick at!

      Site opens 9:00am and closes 10:00pm. Bring your day shades and settle in. Site is DRY. The List field opens at 10 AM Standard SCA time.

      Fees: Site Fee $3 (Does not include NMS); Feast $6.
      Feast limited to 50. Make checks payable to SCA - St. Carol on the Moor.
      Please notify Feast Steward of dietary restrictions.

      Heavy Weapons: We have a HUGE 150'X225' list area with plenty of room for melees and group movements. We have been prodding our Constellation
      brethren to come over and give us Midlanders a fight!
      There will be authorizations all day as Marshal time allows. Make us your pre-Pennsic Authorization destination. If there are fighters and popular demand we will have a speed tourney as the Marshals see fit.

      Rapier: Did I mention we have a HUGE 150'X225' list area? We will have a Rapier Marshall with loaner gear for those that want to learn and to help with pre-war Authorizations. Further Rapier activities are at the grace of the Marshal(s).

      Other venues of interest: We have plenty of space and desire to have an Artisans Row. All we need are the talented and industrious denizens of the Midrealm to bring their crafts to us for display! There are currently plans to have a populous vote A&S competition as well.

      Feast: Our award winning Feast Steward, Olaf the Strong, will be presenting tables laden with his craft. The feast will be limited to 50 seats.

      The feast menu:
      On Table: Breads, cheese, fruit, butters.
      First Remove: Chicken & Barley Stew.
      Second Remove: Salad of greens.
      Third Remove: Marinated Beef on Rice, honeyed carrots.
      Dessert Remove: Russian Crhme with berry sauce.
      Beverages: Lemonade & Water

      Event Steward: Kendrick the Tinker (Jeremy Vail), 200 E Wernsing, Effingham IL 62401, (217) 663-3467 jervamp@...

      Feast Steward: Olaf the Strong (Matt Strong) 1220 Madison, Charleston, IL 61920 217-549-2905 olaf.the.strong@...

      Marshal: Charles Hughes, 21 Heather Dr., Charleston,IL 61920 (217)348-0045. cehughes@...

      Directions: Taking interstate, I-57 or I-70 North or South, take exit 162 and turn left (South) on Rt. 45. The second light will be Evergreen Ave. Turn right & the site is down a ways on the right. [If you take Rt. 45 into town, Evergreen is off of Rt. 45 North so follow the "45N" signs through town and to get there.]

      Full information at http://www.stcarolonthemoor.org
      The aimless wanderer