Pennsic Scribal Gathering

  • aheilvei
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      To Scribes of the Known World (yes, please forward this):

      It is one week until the beginning of Pennsic War and it is with joy
      and sorrow that I write to you all. Due to personal reasons the
      possibility is very real that I will be unable to attend Pennsic
      this year. However, the Known World Scribal Gathering will be held
      at the Middle Kingdom Royal Encampment on Tuesday the 17th of August
      from 3pm until 5pm. It is with joy that I tell you my deputies have
      graciously stepped into my place and will be your hostesses this
      year, Mistress Ellen of the Scholars from the Middle Kingdom and
      Lady Kayleigh McWhyte from the East Kingdom.

      It is both kind and generous of the Dragon Thrones to allow us to
      again gather within the confines of Their encampment and I, for one,
      am certainly grateful. The space they give us every year to gather
      allows us shade within the shelter of a large tent and offers
      protection for the artworks we view while we wonder at the talents
      of those among us.

      I highly encourage you all to attend the Known World Scribal
      Gathering and bring your works in progress, your works completed,
      your portfolios, your knowledge, and your questions. Please also
      bring your friends! Each year a small number of people attend who
      are interested in the scribal arts but who have yet to participate
      in them. They always go away buzzing about what they will do and how
      much fun it all seems. One doesn't need to be an active scribe to
      attend; one only needs an interest in things scribal, so please do
      extend this invitation to all who might have interest.

      Again, finger-food-style snacks will be provided, as will drinks;
      but please *bring your own drinking vessel*. The food is usually on
      a table nowhere near the objects of our meeting – the beautiful
      works of art and amazing collections in portfolios that you all
      bring each year for us to gaze upon.

      Please, bring your works in progress, your works completed, your
      portfolios, your knowledge, your questions, and those you know to be
      interested in all things scribal to the Known World Scribal
      Gathering at Pennsic War, Tuesday, August 17, from 3pm to 5pm within
      the Middle Kingdom Royal Encampment.

      Smiles,
      Despina de la Brasov
      Apprentice to Baron Wolfgang von Roessler, OL
      Middle Kingdom Arts and Sciences Champion AS39
      Midlands Regional Arts and Sciences Champion AS 38 and AS39