Spring Coronation News

  • Alan Terlep
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
      Greetings to the people of Ayreton from Lord Alan Fairfax & Lady
      Sarafina Sinclair,

      The Coronation of Felix and Magdalena will take place on May 15, 2004,
      at Ida Noyes Hall in the Shire of Grey Gargoyles.
      As co-event stewards, one of our goals is to bring together people from
      the whole region to create a truly memorable event. One of us will
      attend a meeting of each local group in the near future to provide more
      information, answer questions, and beg for volunteers and help.

      At this time, we have very few posts filled and would be very happy to
      hear from anyone who wants to volunteer. At this point we're
      particularly interested in finding people who would like to coordinate
      a particular part of the event, such as classes, serving, or site
      layout. However, we will be more than happy to hear from anyone who
      wants to volunteer in any capacity.

      Because this event will not succeed without the efforts of people from
      many groups, we have developed a method for sharing the profits from
      the event based on the amount of labor contributed to the event.

      As in all kingdom events, the kingdom general fund gets 50% of the
      profits from the event.

      We will divide the remainder based on the work that goes into the
      event. Each person will record the number of hours they worked on the
      event, and indicate the SCA group (or other SCA fund) that they would
      like their share of the profits to go to. At the end, we will tally
      the total hours worked and divide the profits based on the hours
      worked. Hours spent on organizational activity before the event do not
      count. Time spent attending meetings and planning do not toward the
      total; time spent before the event in cooking, writing flyers, making
      site tokens, etc. all do count. Any time spent at the event itself
      counts.

      If you have any questions, please let us know. If you want to post
      public comments about the event, please remember to use Fraser's Oak
      and not the Village Green.

      Your servants,
      Sarafina & Fairfax
    • Myrra
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
        OMG! Coronation a mere two weeks before Crown? Both in May? How very...

        Old-Midrealm Traditional

        :D

        [Yay. Finally.]

        Myrra