BlogMatrix, Inc. acquires Adam Curry, Eric Rice

  • David Janes - BlogMatrix
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
      For Immediate Release

      Toronto , April 1, 2005 // - BlogMatrix is pleased to announce that it has acquired Eric Rice and Adam Curry and to add to its growing product lineup. “With Rice and Curry!, not only have we created a tasty pub treat, we’re also completing the loop”, says BlogMatrix founder David Janes. “Before we only had tools for recording, storing and downloading podcasts. Now, we can create the podcasts for you and record them in great ‘VJ-authentic’ voices”.

      With our Rice and Curry! package, new podcasters will be able to:

      * sit back and relax while world-class podcasts are created for you
      * bask in the envy of their friends as their podcasts grab world-wide attention
      * order optional pints, half-pints and poppadoms (at an additional charge)

      "Traditionally, potential podcasters have faced a couple of big challenges", declares Janes, "like coming up with something to say and then, you know, saying it. With Rice and Curry! you can just yell a request from the back of the pub. It's so easy and interesting...I mean who would have thought that so many people wanted podcasts about American pie"?

    • Andrew Baron
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
        This is just a joke to mention the new blogmatrix release?

        -- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Janes - BlogMatrix"
        <davidjanes@b...> wrote:
        > For Immediate Release
        >
        > Toronto , April 1, 2005 // - BlogMatrix is pleased to announce that
        it has acquired Eric Rice and Adam Curry and to add to its growing
        product lineup. "With Rice and Curry!, not only have we created a
        tasty pub treat, we're also completing the loop", says BlogMatrix
        founder David Janes. "Before we only had tools for recording, storing
        and downloading podcasts. Now, we can create the podcasts for you and
        record them in great 'VJ-authentic' voices".

        > With our Rice and Curry! package, new podcasters will be able to:
        >
        > * sit back and relax while world-class podcasts are created for you
        > * bask in the envy of their friends as their podcasts grab
        world-wide attention
        > * order optional pints, half-pints and poppadoms (at an additional
        charge)

        > "Traditionally, potential podcasters have faced a couple of big
        challenges", declares Janes, "like coming up with something to say and
        then, you know, saying it. With Rice and Curry! you can just yell a
        request from the back of the pub. It's so easy and interesting...I
        mean who would have thought that so many people wanted podcasts about
        American pie"?

        http://blogmatrix.users.blogmatrix.com/podcasts/2005/04.01/0000/index.html
      • David Janes - BlogMatrix
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
          Yes, of our Rice and Curry special.

          Regards, etc...
          David

          <davidjanes@b...> wrote:
          > For Immediate Release
          >
          > Toronto , April 1, 2005 // - BlogMatrix is pleased to announce that
          it has acquired Eric Rice and Adam Curry and to add to its growing
          product lineup. "With Rice and Curry!, not only have we created a
          tasty pub treat, we're also completing the loop", says BlogMatrix
          founder David Janes. "Before we only had tools for recording, storing
          and downloading podcasts. Now, we can create the podcasts for you and
          record them in great 'VJ-authentic' voices".

          > With our Rice and Curry! package, new podcasters will be able to:
          >
          > * sit back and relax while world-class podcasts are created for you
          > * bask in the envy of their friends as their podcasts grab
          world-wide attention
          > * order optional pints, half-pints and poppadoms (at an additional
          charge)

          > "Traditionally, potential podcasters have faced a couple of big
          challenges", declares Janes, "like coming up with something to say and
          then, you know, saying it. With Rice and Curry! you can just yell a
          request from the back of the pub. It's so easy and interesting...I
          mean who would have thought that so many people wanted podcasts about
          American pie"?

          http://blogmatrix.users.blogmatrix.com/podcasts/2005/04.01/0000/index.html

        • Joshua Kinberg
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
            april fools day...
            -Josh

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
              no joke, rice and curry is much better than curry and rice.

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <jkinberg@g...>
              wrote:
              > april fools day...
              > -Josh
              >
              > On Apr 1, 2005 8:25 AM, David Janes - BlogMatrix
              > <davidjanes@b...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yes, of our Rice and Curry special.
              > >
              > > Regards, etc...
              > > David

            • Michael Sullivan
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
                congrats on the release.

                On Apr 1, 2005 7:39 AM, David Janes - BlogMatrix
                <davidjanes@...> wrote:

                > For Immediate Release
                >
                > Toronto , April 1, 2005 // - BlogMatrix is pleased to announce that it has
                > acquired Eric Rice and Adam Curry and to add to its growing product lineup.
                > "With Rice and Curry!, not only have we created a tasty pub treat, we're
                > also completing the loop", says BlogMatrix founder David Janes. "Before we
                > only had tools for recording, storing and downloading podcasts. Now, we can
                > create the podcasts for you and record them in great 'VJ-authentic' voices".
                >
                > With our Rice and Curry! package, new podcasters will be able to:
                >
                > * sit back and relax while world-class podcasts are created for you
                > * bask in the envy of their friends as their podcasts grab world-wide
                > attention
                > * order optional pints, half-pints and poppadoms (at an additional charge)
                >
                > "Traditionally, potential podcasters have faced a couple of big challenges",
                > declares Janes, "like coming up with something to say and then, you know,
                > saying it. With Rice and Curry! you can just yell a request from the back of
                > the pub. It's so easy and interesting...I mean who would have thought that
                > so many people wanted podcasts about American pie"?
                >
                > http://blogmatrix.users.blogmatrix.com/podcasts/2005/04.01/0000/index.html

                ~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~
                i n t e r d i g i t a t e . c o m
              • Ryan Ozawa
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sullivan wrote:
                  > congrats on the release.

                  Indeed. Now of only Curry would put one out about how he was all
                  wrong and that monetizing/commercializing personal media projects is a
                  bad idea, and how he's forming a non-profit intstead.

                  Have a great day, everyone!

                  Ryan