PSP IS OUT!!!!

  • Jeeper One TV
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hi everyone:

      Just found the news on this website....

      http://www.gamespeaker.com/

      What does this have to do with video blogging you say? People will now be
      able to view many of our video blogs this way like one can now do with
      podcasts and various portable MP3 players.

      Not sure about the age of this news, but it looks pretty current to me.

      This is SO COOL (unless you live in Europe that is as apparently it still
      won't be available there for awhile yet. :( )

      Cheers for now :)

      Patrick Cook
      pchamster@...
      kpdcnettv@...
      Denver, Colorado
      PAT'S VIDEO BLOG - WINDOWS MEDIA PAGE
      http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/videoblog/windowsmedia/
      PAT'S VIDEO BLOG - QUICKTIME MPEG-4 PAGE -
      http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/videoblog/mp4/
      RSS FEEDS - http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/videoblog/mp4/rss.xml
      (Quicktime MPEG-4)
      http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/videoblog/windowsmedia/rss.xml (Windows Media)
      PAT'S PODCAST & VIDEO BLOG MESSAGE BOARD - http://patspodcast.proboards36.com/
      SKYPE ME @ patspodcast
    • Its A Mystery and So Im I
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
        Are people encoding their videos for use in PSP??
        What tools are out there that we can use and how
        can we promote our vlogs to PSP users?

        I have a few ideas I just wnat to know if folks
        are actively pursuing it.

        JV
        Free 4 Filmmakerz

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jeeper One TV <kpdcnettv@c...>
        wrote:
        > Hi everyone:
        >
        > Just found the news on this website....
        >
        > http://www.gamespeaker.com/
        >
        > What does this have to do with video blogging you say? People will
        now be
        > able to view many of our video blogs this way like one can now do
        with
        > podcasts and various portable MP3 players.
        >
        > Not sure about the age of this news, but it looks pretty current to
        me.

        > This is SO COOL (unless you live in Europe that is as apparently it
        still
        > won't be available there for awhile yet. :( )
        >
        > Cheers for now :)
        >
        > Patrick Cook
        > pchamster@c...
        > kpdcnettv@c...
        > Denver, Colorado
        > PAT'S VIDEO BLOG - WINDOWS MEDIA PAGE
        > http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/videoblog/windowsmedia/
        > PAT'S VIDEO BLOG - QUICKTIME MPEG-4 PAGE -
        > http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/videoblog/mp4/
        > RSS FEEDS - http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/videoblog/mp4/rss.xml
        > (Quicktime MPEG-4)
        > http://jeeperone.tripod.com/blog/videoblog/windowsmedia/rss.xml
        (Windows Media)
        > PAT'S PODCAST & VIDEO BLOG MESSAGE BOARD -
        http://patspodcast.proboards36.com/
        > SKYPE ME @ patspodcast
      • Andrew Baron
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2005
          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Its A Mystery and So Im I"
          <jayvivid@y...> wrote:

          > Are people encoding their videos for use in PSP??
          > What tools are out there that we can use and how
          > can we promote our vlogs to PSP users?

          We are almost ready to serve psp files. The files are easy to get on,
          but there are size-format issues. The PSP has a wide screen so videos
          need to be resized, cropped or bordered.

          We did start compressing files for the phone:

          Anyone with a phone browser can type in:
          http://www.rboom.com
          to get the lastest video.

          This is very easy by the way. Just export a quicktime movie to .3gp
          instead of .mov. Took me all of about 30 seconds to figure out.The
          response has been completely positive.

          Here is a roundup of psp related aps, etc:
          http://tinyurl.com/6qest
        • Andreas Haugstrup
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 2, 2005
            On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 05:27:13 -0000, Its A Mystery and So Im I
            <jayvivid@...> wrote:

            > Are people encoding their videos for use in PSP??
            > What tools are out there that we can use and how
            > can we promote our vlogs to PSP users?

            Sony should just put Quicktime on the PSP.

            - Andreas
            --
            <URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>
          • pjk_webmail
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 2, 2005
              wrote:

              > Are people encoding their videos for use in PSP??

              I'm trying a number of the applications for both Mac and PC to encode PSP video. The real
              trick, it seems, is making an experience like Tivo for the PSP. I want to be able to use my
              PC(or Mac) to subscribe to an RSS feed, and have the process of checking feeds for
              enclosures, downloading, encoding and syncing as automated as it is with iPodder. It
              needs to be "set it and forget it". Podcasting would have never taken off if people had to
              keep visting the sites to look for updates and download the shows.

              So far, every solution I've seen requires far too much work on the part of the viewer. You
              have to visit the site all the time, download the movies and thumbnails, and manually
              move them to oddly named folders on the PSP. iPSP Movie Loader tries to streamline this a
              bit, but requires MIME types not recognized by either my Mac OS Safari or Win NT Internet
              Explorer browser - and it requires me to visit the site to download the xml pointer file
              each time.

              The ideal application for me would be a combination of an RSS aggregator/viewer, PSP
              encoder/manager, and auto-sync based on new items in a watch folder, and feed-based
              settings for the media itself (keep until space is needed, until I delete, etc)

              My vlog is running a series describing in more detail what I'm looking for. I am hoping
              that, until an application is developed (I'm no programmer), I can use the new scripting
              capabilities of Tiger to automate this process somewhat.

              pjk

              PJKvlog
              http://feeds.feedburner.com/Pjkvlog
            • Christopher Weagel
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 2, 2005
                so the rboom.com page just has a direct link to a new video everyday?

                no other links, so that the video starts playing automatically?

                Chris Weagel
                www.human-dog.com

                On Apr 2, 2005, at 1:31 AM, Andrew Baron wrote:

                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Its A Mystery and So Im I"
                > <jayvivid@y...> wrote:
                > >

                > > Are people encoding their videos for use in PSP??
                > > What tools are out there that we can use and how
                > > can we promote our vlogs to PSP users?
                >
                > We are almost ready to serve psp files. The files are easy to get on,
                > but there are size-format issues. The PSP has a wide screen so videos
                > need to be resized, cropped or bordered.
                >
                > We did start compressing files for the phone:
                >
                > Anyone with a phone browser can type in:
                > http://www.rboom.com
                > to get the lastest video.
                >
                > This is very easy by the way. Just export a quicktime movie to .3gp
                > instead of .mov. Took me all of about 30 seconds to figure out.The
                > response has been completely positive.
                >
                > Here is a roundup of psp related aps, etc:
                > http://tinyurl.com/6qest

                > Service.

              • Julian Doncaster (Yahoo1)
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 2, 2005
                  Andrew

                  Do you have figures for the % of people with 3rd Generation vs other Smart Phones, and are you doing anything for the "others"?

                  How are you dealing with the screen size and orientation question?

                  Rgds

                  Julian

                  ---------------------------

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 2, 2005
                    Actually, the only reason why there are no links, in my case, is
                    because I still havent gotten to adding the MIME type to my server.

                    You can also embed the .3gp file in a quicktime object, just like you
                    do with any .mov file. And then, you can wrap some html around it to
                    make it look 'perty. By Monday, on rboom.com (shortened name to make
                    it easy for phone typing) you will be able to scroll archive and leave
                    comments from your phone too.

                    video/3gpp is the MIME.

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Weagel
                    <humandog@c...> wrote:
                    > so the rboom.com page just has a direct link to a new video everyday?
                    >
                    > no other links, so that the video starts playing automatically?
                    >
                    > Chris Weagel
                    > www.human-dog.com
                    >

                    > On Apr 2, 2005, at 1:31 AM, Andrew Baron wrote:
                    >

                    > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Its A Mystery and So Im I"
                    > > <jayvivid@y...> wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > Are people encoding their videos for use in PSP??
                    > > > What tools are out there that we can use and how
                    > > > can we promote our vlogs to PSP users?
                    > >
                    > > We are almost ready to serve psp files. The files are easy to get on,
                    > > but there are size-format issues. The PSP has a wide screen so videos
                    > > need to be resized, cropped or bordered.
                    > >
                    > > We did start compressing files for the phone:
                    > >
                    > > Anyone with a phone browser can type in:
                    > > http://www.rboom.com
                    > > to get the lastest video.
                    > >
                    > > This is very easy by the way. Just export a quicktime movie to .3gp
                    > > instead of .mov. Took me all of about 30 seconds to figure out.The
                    > > response has been completely positive.
                    > >
                    > > Here is a roundup of psp related aps, etc:
                    > > http://tinyurl.com/6qest

                    > > • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                    > > Service.

                  • Andrew Baron
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 2, 2005
                      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Julian Doncaster \(Yahoo1\)"
                      <julianduk@y...> wrote:
                      > Andrew
                      >
                      > Do you have figures for the % of people with 3rd Generation vs other
                      Smart Phones, and are you doing anything for the "others"?

                      > How are you dealing with the screen size and orientation question?

                      Neary a figure I have. I came up with these settings for a good (good
                      quality I mean) 3GP file, determined by people's comments when i was
                      doing compression tests:

                      video:
                      +mpeg-4
                      +approx 125 kb/sec
                      +8 fps

                      Audio:
                      AMR-NB (Speech)
                      12.2 kbs
                      mono
                      5 frames per sample
                      encoding quality: best

                      I heard back from several people when I was testing that this was
                      really good.
                      Since we started doing it last week, I have not heard a single complaint.

                      I wish I could see more myself. I think I need to take a trip to some
                      T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T stores to spend a little time borrowing
                      their phones.
                    • Ryan Ozawa
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 3, 2005

                        <jayvivid@y...> wrote:
                        > Are people encoding their videos for use in PSP?? What tools are
                        > out there that we can use and how can we promote our vlogs to PSP
                        > users?

                        It would be _very_ interesting if the PSP becomes the video
                        counterpart to the iPod in terms of market penetration. Funny thing
                        was, while I'm sure a lot of us saw the PSP link to videoblogging
                        immediately, Wired went immediately to porn:

                        http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,67007,00.html

                        She does toss in this line, though:

                        "But that's not all. Like blogging and audioblogging (or podcasting),
                        PSPcasting offers a platform for creating and distributing video, not
                        just downloading and viewing it."

                        Ryan
                      • Its A Mystery and So Im I
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 3, 2005
                          Well has there fans out in the coming months.
                          Also, expect somethings below the $150 threshold.
                          I will be organizing a list the best unknown
                          PVR devices that already out in the market in
                          coming luunch of Free 4 Filmmakerz videoblog.

                          Quality cheap tech is coming to (or already)
                          at a store near you.

                          JV
                          Free 4 Filmmakerz

                          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Ozawa" <ryan@h...> wrote:

                          > --- "Its A Mystery and So Im I" <jayvivid@y...> wrote:
                          > > Are people encoding their videos for use in PSP??
                          > > What tools are out there that we can use and how
                          > > can we promote our vlogs to PSP users?
                          >
                          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Its A Mystery and So Im I"
                          > <jayvivid@y...> wrote:
                          > > Are people encoding their videos for use in PSP?? What tools are
                          > > out there that we can use and how can we promote our vlogs to PSP
                          > > users?
                          >
                          > It would be _very_ interesting if the PSP becomes the video
                          > counterpart to the iPod in terms of market penetration. Funny thing
                          > was, while I'm sure a lot of us saw the PSP link to videoblogging
                          > immediately, Wired went immediately to porn:
                          >
                          > http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,67007,00.html
                          >
                          > She does toss in this line, though:
                          >
                          > "But that's not all. Like blogging and audioblogging (or
                          podcasting),
                          > PSPcasting offers a platform for creating and distributing video,
                          not
                          > just downloading and viewing it."
                          >
                          > Ryan
                        • Andreas Haugstrup
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 3, 2005
                            On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 08:30:36 -0000, Ryan Ozawa <ryan@...> wrote:

                            > It would be _very_ interesting if the PSP becomes the video
                            > counterpart to the iPod in terms of market penetration. Funny thing
                            > was, while I'm sure a lot of us saw the PSP link to videoblogging
                            > immediately, Wired went immediately to porn:
                            >
                            > http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,67007,00.html

                            Don't put too much into that. That reporter writes about sex every week.
                            It's what her column is about.

                            - Andreas
                            --
                            <URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>
                          • Ian Mills
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 4, 2005
                              Damn im so inspired by this. I converted one of my videos today and
                              tried it out and it worked perfectly.

                              try this link on your phone:
                              http://noservicecharge.com/mobile/stewie.3gp

                              oh, andrew i just tried rboom and nothing happened. well it comes up
                              with 'rocketboom tele!'. but it doesnt download anything.

                              damn. you could do alot with this. im so hyped to do something with this.

                              - Ian

                              www.the05project.com