Videoblogging on The Web Ahead

  • Jen Simmons
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2014
      Hi all,
      Earlier this month, I had Jay Dedman, Ryanne Hodson, and Michael Verdi on my podcast, The Web Ahead, to talk about the history of videoblogging. We only talked for an hour, so there are many many moments and people who didn't get mentioned — sorry about that. But I wanted to do a show on the videoblogging moment anyway, to try and capture some of the history and understand 10 years later what impact the group had.

      You can listen at: http://5by5.tv/webahead/76

      I'd love to hear what you think!

      Jen

      Jen Simmons
      designer, consultant and speaker
      host of The Web Ahead

    • Julian Seery Gude
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2014

        It was great listening to you guys discuss the earliest days. Thanks for doing that.

        Biggest grins for me was when Michael talked about some of the back and forth around defining vlogging that everyone was having back then. You played Michael's Vlog Anarchy on the podcast and I had to go watch it again. It's still great:

        The title and track puts me in mind of another favorite from the VlogDeathmatch, when Rupert did Anarchy in the U.K.

        I recommend the episode for anyone in our group, it was a really fun show about a very interesting time that we all shared. And, if you're in the web business, Jen's podcast features great guests and her laid back style makes for a good listen.

        cheers

        --
        Julian Seery Gude
        President » exceler8.com

        Schedule an appointment

        On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Jen Simmons jen@... [videoblogging] <videoblogging@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hi all,
        Earlier this month, I had Jay Dedman, Ryanne Hodson, and Michael Verdi on my podcast, The Web Ahead, to talk about the history of videoblogging. We only talked for an hour, so there are many many moments and people who didn't get mentioned — sorry about that. But I wanted to do a show on the videoblogging moment anyway, to try and capture some of the history and understand 10 years later what impact the group had.

        You can listen at: http://5by5.tv/webahead/76

        I'd love to hear what you think!

        Jen

        Jen Simmons