Hello Ten Years

    Message 1 of 33 , May 29, 2014
      Hey Videobloggers--

      I have no idea who's still on this list. But Raymond reminded me that the Yahoo Videoblogging group is ten years old as of June 1. Jesus Christ.

      When Peter and and I started this group in 2004, we had no idea if anyone would care. Putting video online was so difficult and clunky that I basically emailed anyone I found online that had tried to post a video because they understood the challenge. I think in 2004, I found about 10-15 people who had personal videos up.

      Long story short, it was a hot and heavy time watching online video figure itself out. Fun to meet people in person. Many of you I still follow online. After ten years, I know children have been born, careers started (and ended and started again), lots of traveling.

      It's interesting to sort the emails from oldest to newest.
      A fun snapshot to see what we were thinking before Youtube made it all so easy.

      Hope you're well.

      Jay (and Ryanne)
    • sgarfield
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 15, 2014
        Hi guys,
        I often think about how fun the early days of video blogging were.

        One of the first great moments was when Jay and Ryanne came to my house and we made a video promoting Vloggercon.

        Then, when we met others from all around the world, and felt like we already knew them, we truly realized the power of video.

        NYC had a HUGE snowstorm at that time, and I couldn't see any video from back home in Boston. How different that would be today.

        Videoblogging was so important to me, and I made so many lifelong friends.

        For me it lead to Rocketboom, The Carol and Steve Show, My book Get Seen, Hosting shows, Reviewing products, and lots of travel and speaking.

        Again though, most important was the people.

        --Steve