Re: [videoblogging] Vine

  • David King
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2013
      I've been using it - it's a fun video toy!

      David

      On Jun 8, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Adam Quirk <quirk@...> wrote:

      > Is anyone else using Vine? I love it.

    • Adam Quirk
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 10, 2013
        It is the tool many of us have been wanting for many years. Even in the
        early days when I started, the little 5 - 10 second moments that happened
        in between or in transit were the most interesting to me. But aside from
        carrying a video camera at all times, it was hard to capture and share
        them. Vine + smartphone is the ultimate tool for capturing the little
        moments. I know I sound like an advertisement, but it really is the
        ultimate tool for consistent, personal videoblogging.

        On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM, David King <davidleeking@...> wrote:

        > I've been using it - it's a fun video toy!
        >
        > David
        >
        > On Jun 8, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Adam Quirk <quirk@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Is anyone else using Vine? I love it.

      • Chad Boeninger
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 10, 2013
          What's funny is 12seconds.TV was around way before Vine. I could record
          video and upload it to 12Seconds.TV via email on my old Palm Treo.
          Unfortunately, I think 12Seconds was a bit ahead of its time. It was a
          cool service and worked with both phones and webcams.

          I'll need to check out Vine.

          --Chad

          On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Adam Quirk <quirk@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > It is the tool many of us have been wanting for many years. Even in the
          > early days when I started, the little 5 - 10 second moments that happened
          > in between or in transit were the most interesting to me. But aside from
          > carrying a video camera at all times, it was hard to capture and share
          > them. Vine + smartphone is the ultimate tool for capturing the little
          > moments. I know I sound like an advertisement, but it really is the
          > ultimate tool for consistent, personal videoblogging.
          >
          > On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM, David King <davidleeking@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I've been using it - it's a fun video toy!
          > >
          > > David
          > >
          > > On Jun 8, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Adam Quirk <quirk@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > > Is anyone else using Vine? I love it.

          Chad F. Boeninger
          libraryvoice.com
          twitter.com/cfboeninger

        • Ru Howe
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 10, 2013
            I've been using Lightt for the same reason, but I think I was put off Vine
            by all the hype. It seemed too busy, and the social side of it (which I
            didn't fully understand) seemed too much like the other things.
            And I've pretty much stopped using Twitter - it stopped being so much fun
            for me, became less personal when I wasn't using it as often, and I started
            to hate it. And Facebook. Although I hate Facebook a LOT more.
            I'd be into using Vine, if I was able to talk to a small group of people I
            know using it. I want to videoblog. I just don't want to get involved in
            another one of those big sucking myspace3.0 sites.

            On 10 June 2013 18:38, Adam Quirk <quirk@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > It is the tool many of us have been wanting for many years. Even in the
            > early days when I started, the little 5 - 10 second moments that happened
            > in between or in transit were the most interesting to me. But aside from
            > carrying a video camera at all times, it was hard to capture and share
            > them. Vine + smartphone is the ultimate tool for capturing the little
            > moments. I know I sound like an advertisement, but it really is the
            > ultimate tool for consistent, personal videoblogging.
            >
            > On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM, David King <davidleeking@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I've been using it - it's a fun video toy!
            > >
            > > David
            > >
            > > On Jun 8, 2013, at 11:36 AM, Adam Quirk <quirk@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > > Is anyone else using Vine? I love it.

            - - -
            Rupert Howe
            Production Workflow Consultant
            Support Partners (UK) Ltd

            +44 (0)7525 1234 72
            rupert.howe@...
            http://support-partners.com

            The Legal Stuff

            This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.

            Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

          • Joly MacFie
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 10, 2013
              Another cool tool is Montaj - one shoots brief clips on an i-phone and
              then shake the phone and it assembles them into a short video.

              I shot a demo

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQjf4gJ39-w

              On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:
              > I've been using Lightt for the same reason, but I think I was put off Vine
              > by all the hype. It seemed too busy, and the social side of it (which I
              > didn't fully understand) seemed too much like the other things.
              > And I've pretty much stopped using Twitter - it stopped being so much fun
              > for me, became less personal when I wasn't using it as often, and I started
              > to hate it. And Facebook. Although I hate Facebook a LOT more.
              > I'd be into using Vine, if I was able to talk to a small group of people I
              > know using it. I want to videoblog. I just don't want to get involved in
              > another one of those big sucking myspace3.0 sites.
              >

              > On 10 June 2013 18:38, Adam Quirk <quirk@...> wrote:
              >
              >> **
              >>

              >> It is the tool many of us have been wanting for many years. Even in the
              >> early days when I started, the little 5 - 10 second moments that happened
              >> in between or in transit were the most interesting to me. But aside from
              >> carrying a video camera at all times, it was hard to capture and share
              >> them. Vine + smartphone is the ultimate tool for capturing the little
              >> moments. I know I sound like an advertisement, but it really is the
              >> ultimate tool for consistent, personal videoblogging.
              >>
              >> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM, David King <davidleeking@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> > I've been using it - it's a fun video toy!
              >> >
              >> > David

              > - - -
              > Rupert Howe
              > Production Workflow Consultant
              > Support Partners (UK) Ltd
              >
              > +44 (0)7525 1234 72
              > rupert.howe@...
              > http://support-partners.com
              >

              > The Legal Stuff
              >
              > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
              >
              > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

              Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
              WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
              -
            • Dee Harvey
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
                That does look quite cool. The shake to assemble video thing seems kind of gimmicky but I'm interested to see how easy it is to put something decent together quickly.

                Downloaded and will check out when I have something more interesting than my wall to look at.

              • Tim Street
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
                  I was looking for a way to edit a video and then post it on Vine and I
                  found this workflow:

                  http://marketpunch.com/how-to-upload-custom-premade-videos-to-vine/

                  Has anyone found an easier one other than shooting it off your edit screen?
                  ;)

                  Tim Street
                  1TimStreet.com
                  @1TimStreet <http://twitter.com/1TimStreet>