Re: [videoblogging] Re: Automatic Youtube to Wordpress Entry???

  • Joly MacFie
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 4, 2013
      Isn't there a fix though?

      http://wordpress.shadowlantern.com/timthumb-php-is-vulnerable/

      On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Renat Zarbailov <innomind@...> wrote:

      > This plugin uses an outdated version of the timthumb.php library which has
      > a major security vulnerability in it which makes sites easily hackable. I
      > had one of my wordpress sites hacked into and deleted because of this damn
      > timthumb image resizing approach. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Warner wrote:
      > >
      > > Happy new year to you too Mike. Give this one a try:)
      > > http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/automatic-youtube-video-posts/
      > >
      > > Adam W. Warner
      > > http://wpprobusiness.com
      > > http://getfoobox.com
      > >

      > > ________________________________

      Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
      WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
    • B Yen
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 4, 2013
        Hi:

        I go back to 2005 on this list, when Mike Hudack (co-founder of
        Blip.tv) & Steve Chen (co-founder of Youtube) were around & feeling
        out "web video".

        About a year ago, co-founders Mike & Dina Kaplan (?) left. Was there
        a change in direction by Blip.tv?

        I've been using Blip.tv as a video-host, Blogger as video-blog
        (embedding Blip.tv videos & iPod compatible video "enclosures"),
        iTunes as video-podcaster.

        I just tried to setup a Blip.tv account, to hose videos for my "2013
        Rose Bowl pre-event" coverage,

        http://2013rosebowl.blogspot.com

        but was denied:

        > Are You Serious About Your Web Series?
        >
        > Submit your application to join the Blip family of producers.
        >
        > If you've got a series, a dream, and a plan, then we want to hear
        > about it! Approved series get access to our suite of producer tools
        > and services.
        >

        > Please note that not all applications are approved. If you plan on
        > creating one-time standalone videos, or you just need a video
        > hosting provider, we are not the place for you.

        Can someone recommend a suitable video-host? I see Vimeo is pretty
        popular, but is there a paywall? Is Youtube an option?

        [ I always resisted, since they claim ownership of video..is this
        still the case? Plus, it never fit the rigid definition of video-
        blogging. You end up setting up a Youtube channel with episodes ]

        Is Youtube the "600lb gorilla" in web-video, & taken over?

        What about iTunes video-podcast, how does it rank versus Youtube?
        Where do people host iTunes videos?

        You can see my video-blogging, using Blip.tv, Blogger, iTunes at

        http://www.jumplive.com/main.html

        since 2005.