Re: Automatic Youtube to Wordpress Entry???

  • Renat Zarbailov
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 4, 2013
      This plugin uses an outdated version of the timthumb.php library which has a major security vulnerability in it which makes sites easily hackable. I had one of my wordpress sites hacked into and deleted because of this damn timthumb image resizing approach. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Warner wrote:

      > Happy new year to you too Mike. Give this one a try:)
      > http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/automatic-youtube-video-posts/
      >
      > Adam W. Warner
      > http://wpprobusiness.com
      > http://getfoobox.com
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Joly MacFie
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 4, 2013
        Isn't there a fix though?

        http://wordpress.shadowlantern.com/timthumb-php-is-vulnerable/

        On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Renat Zarbailov <innomind@...> wrote:

        > This plugin uses an outdated version of the timthumb.php library which has
        > a major security vulnerability in it which makes sites easily hackable. I
        > had one of my wordpress sites hacked into and deleted because of this damn
        > timthumb image resizing approach. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
        >
        > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Warner wrote:
        > >
        > > Happy new year to you too Mike. Give this one a try:)
        > > http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/automatic-youtube-video-posts/
        > >
        > > Adam W. Warner
        > > http://wpprobusiness.com
        > > http://getfoobox.com
        > >

        > > ________________________________

        Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
        WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
      • B Yen
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 4, 2013
          Hi:

          I go back to 2005 on this list, when Mike Hudack (co-founder of
          Blip.tv) & Steve Chen (co-founder of Youtube) were around & feeling
          out "web video".

          About a year ago, co-founders Mike & Dina Kaplan (?) left. Was there
          a change in direction by Blip.tv?

          I've been using Blip.tv as a video-host, Blogger as video-blog
          (embedding Blip.tv videos & iPod compatible video "enclosures"),
          iTunes as video-podcaster.

          I just tried to setup a Blip.tv account, to hose videos for my "2013
          Rose Bowl pre-event" coverage,

          http://2013rosebowl.blogspot.com

          but was denied:

          > Are You Serious About Your Web Series?
          >
          > Submit your application to join the Blip family of producers.
          >
          > If you've got a series, a dream, and a plan, then we want to hear
          > about it! Approved series get access to our suite of producer tools
          > and services.
          >

          > Please note that not all applications are approved. If you plan on
          > creating one-time standalone videos, or you just need a video
          > hosting provider, we are not the place for you.

          Can someone recommend a suitable video-host? I see Vimeo is pretty
          popular, but is there a paywall? Is Youtube an option?

          [ I always resisted, since they claim ownership of video..is this
          still the case? Plus, it never fit the rigid definition of video-
          blogging. You end up setting up a Youtube channel with episodes ]

          Is Youtube the "600lb gorilla" in web-video, & taken over?

          What about iTunes video-podcast, how does it rank versus Youtube?
          Where do people host iTunes videos?

          You can see my video-blogging, using Blip.tv, Blogger, iTunes at

          http://www.jumplive.com/main.html

          since 2005.