Re: [videoblogging] Automatic Youtube to Wordpress Entry???

  • Ru Howe
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2013
      Happy New Year!

      --
      - - -
      Rupert Howe

      +44 (0)7525 1234 72
      rupert.howe@...
      http://support-partners.com

      The Legal Stuff

      This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.

      Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

    • dee harvey
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 2, 2013
        Happy new year!

        Got involved in a 1 sec per day video for 2013 project on Facebook.

        Will this be the year I get better at doing something with all the video I capture?

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 2 Jan 2013, at 07:19, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

        > Happy New Year!
        >
        > On Tuesday, 1 January 2013, mikemoon_ca wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hey Folks. Happy New Year.
        > > Hoping you all the very best in 2013.
        > >
        > > Anyhow, on to my question.
        > >
        > > I'd like to have my uploaded Youtube videos to be _automatically_ posted
        > > into my Wordpress site. http://MikeMoon.ca
        > >
        > > That's it in a nutshell. Any ideas are welcome.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Mike
        > > Youtube: mikemoondotca
        > >

        > --
        > - - -
        > Rupert Howe
        > Production Workflow Consultant
        > Support Partners (UK) Ltd
        >
        > +44 (0)7525 1234 72
        > rupert.howe@...
        > http://support-partners.com
        >
        > The Legal Stuff
        >
        > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
        >
        > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

      • neophoto3000
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 2, 2013
          Mike,

          You can also achieve this by setting up an automatic trigger at http://ifttt.com Whether you use that feature or not, it's definitely a site worth looking into. Basically, it allows you to automate your online life by setting up triggers between the other online services you use. It's a handy tool for streamlining both your social marketing efforts and your online research (by smart-linking things like RSS feeds, Instapaper, Evernote, etc.).

          Chris

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "mikemoon_ca" <mgmoon@...> wrote:

          > Hey Folks. Happy New Year.
          > Hoping you all the very best in 2013.
          >
          > Anyhow, on to my question.
          >
          > I'd like to have my uploaded Youtube videos to be _automatically_ posted into my Wordpress site. http://MikeMoon.ca
          >
          > That's it in a nutshell. Any ideas are welcome.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Mike
          > Youtube: mikemoondotca

        • Tim Street
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 2, 2013
            Wow Chris,

            That looks pretty cool. Would that also work in creating a browser bookmark
            like "Hootlet" that would allow you to be visiting a webpage with a video,
            click on a bookmark and have that page load into a Wordpress post with
            video?

            Tim

            Tim Street
            1TimStreet.com <http://1timstreet.com/>
            @1TimStreet <http://twitter.com/1TimStreet>
            818-288-2724 m
            Writer / Producer / Director
            Author of the iPad Mystery Thriller Vids <http://bit.ly/VidsByTimStreet>
            Vids Facebook Page <http://www.facebook.com/eBookVids>

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 3, 2013
              I've never tried that Tim, but it might be possible by setting aside some bookmarking tool you never use (Zootool or something similar), adding the bookmarklet for that tool to your bookmarks bar and having that be the trigger for a WordPress post. I am curious to see whether WordPress would just post that kind of thing as a link or whether the action can be configured so that actual content gets posted...

              Chris

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Tim Street <1timstreet@...> wrote:

              > Wow Chris,
              >
              > That looks pretty cool. Would that also work in creating a browser bookmark
              > like "Hootlet" that would allow you to be visiting a webpage with a video,
              > click on a bookmark and have that page load into a Wordpress post with
              > video?
              >
              > Tim
              >
              > Tim Street
              > 1TimStreet.com
              > @1TimStreet
              > 818-288-2724 m
              > Writer / Producer / Director
              > Author of the iPad Mystery Thriller Vids
              > Vids Facebook Page
              >

              > On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM, neophoto3000 wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Mike,
              > >
              > > You can also achieve this by setting up an automatic trigger at
              > > http://ifttt.com Whether you use that feature or not, it's definitely a
              > > site worth looking into. Basically, it allows you to automate your online
              > > life by setting up triggers between the other online services you use. It's
              > > a handy tool for streamlining both your social marketing efforts and your
              > > online research (by smart-linking things like RSS feeds, Instapaper,
              > > Evernote, etc.).
              > >
              > > Chris
              > >

              > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "mikemoon_ca" wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hey Folks. Happy New Year.
              > > > Hoping you all the very best in 2013.
              > > >
              > > > Anyhow, on to my question.
              > > >
              > > > I'd like to have my uploaded Youtube videos to be _automatically_ posted
              > > into my Wordpress site. http://MikeMoon.ca
              > > >
              > > > That's it in a nutshell. Any ideas are welcome.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > >
              > > > Mike
              > > > Youtube: mikemoondotca
              > > >

              > --
              > Tim Street
              > 1TimStreet.com
              > @1TimStreet
              > 818-288-2724 m
              > Writer / Producer / Director
              > Author of the iPad Mystery Thriller Vids
              > Vids Facebook Page

            • Tim Street
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 3, 2013
                Thanks Chris.

                Not sure if you are familiar with Hootsuite but they have a Hootlet
                bookmark tool that allows you to Tweet a link pretty fast but it doesn't
                include photos or video.

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 3, 2013
                  Cool, Tim. I know Hootsuite a little, but never really cared for its interface and some of the service's limitations. In terms of posting functionality, IFTTT has in many respects become my Hootsuite substitute (along with the Drafts app, which I also highly recommend).

                  I plan on playing extensively with WordPress in IFTTT, because if it posts more than simple links then it'd be a huge boon to me in terms of aggregating and organizing my online research. I only trust services like Evernote and Instapaper up to a point, and would love to use a WordPress installation as an alternate means of archiving information.

                • Renat Zarbailov
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 4, 2013
                    This plugin uses an outdated version of the timthumb.php library which has a major security vulnerability in it which makes sites easily hackable. I had one of my wordpress sites hacked into and deleted because of this damn timthumb image resizing approach. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Warner wrote:

                    > Happy new year to you too Mike. Give this one a try:)
                    > http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/automatic-youtube-video-posts/
                    >
                    > Adam W. Warner
                    > http://wpprobusiness.com
                    > http://getfoobox.com
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • Joly MacFie
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 4, 2013
                      Isn't there a fix though?

                      http://wordpress.shadowlantern.com/timthumb-php-is-vulnerable/

                      On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Renat Zarbailov <innomind@...> wrote:

                      > This plugin uses an outdated version of the timthumb.php library which has
                      > a major security vulnerability in it which makes sites easily hackable. I
                      > had one of my wordpress sites hacked into and deleted because of this damn
                      > timthumb image resizing approach. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
                      >
                      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Adam Warner wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Happy new year to you too Mike. Give this one a try:)
                      > > http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/automatic-youtube-video-posts/
                      > >
                      > > Adam W. Warner
                      > > http://wpprobusiness.com
                      > > http://getfoobox.com
                      > >

                      > > ________________________________

                      Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
                      WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
                    • B Yen
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 4, 2013
                        Hi:

                        I go back to 2005 on this list, when Mike Hudack (co-founder of
                        Blip.tv) & Steve Chen (co-founder of Youtube) were around & feeling
                        out "web video".

                        About a year ago, co-founders Mike & Dina Kaplan (?) left. Was there
                        a change in direction by Blip.tv?

                        I've been using Blip.tv as a video-host, Blogger as video-blog
                        (embedding Blip.tv videos & iPod compatible video "enclosures"),
                        iTunes as video-podcaster.

                        I just tried to setup a Blip.tv account, to hose videos for my "2013
                        Rose Bowl pre-event" coverage,

                        http://2013rosebowl.blogspot.com

                        but was denied:

                        > Are You Serious About Your Web Series?
                        >
                        > Submit your application to join the Blip family of producers.
                        >
                        > If you've got a series, a dream, and a plan, then we want to hear
                        > about it! Approved series get access to our suite of producer tools
                        > and services.
                        >

                        > Please note that not all applications are approved. If you plan on
                        > creating one-time standalone videos, or you just need a video
                        > hosting provider, we are not the place for you.

                        Can someone recommend a suitable video-host? I see Vimeo is pretty
                        popular, but is there a paywall? Is Youtube an option?

                        [ I always resisted, since they claim ownership of video..is this
                        still the case? Plus, it never fit the rigid definition of video-
                        blogging. You end up setting up a Youtube channel with episodes ]

                        Is Youtube the "600lb gorilla" in web-video, & taken over?

                        What about iTunes video-podcast, how does it rank versus Youtube?
                        Where do people host iTunes videos?

                        You can see my video-blogging, using Blip.tv, Blogger, iTunes at

                        http://www.jumplive.com/main.html

                        since 2005.