Re: [videoblogging] Re: Question re: Live Vlogging

  • RANDY MANN
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2012
      hey guys still in lowell still putting shit up on blip see u in the funny
      papers

      randy

      On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > > It's unlikely I'll be livestreaming big events, at least in the
      > beginning.
      > > It'll be more of a Q&A between performers and fans thing,
      > > And yeah, I know a lot of these technical questions have been solved and
      > > made exceedingly user-friendly. I do my own poking around as much as
      > > possible, but for some reason have had a blind spot (and a weird sense of
      > > intimidation) regarding this particular subset of vlogging...
      >
      > Try Ustream or Livestream. I just use the webcamera on my mac laptop.
      > Theyve thought of everything these days.
      >
      > Google Hangout is alos totally cool for having a group conversation :
      > http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/

      Randy
      Rock and Water

    • Joly MacFie
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 16, 2012
        I could be wrong but I think currently "new livestream" is the best
        deal as they are offering a free 'producer' account with no ads to get
        the thing going.

        What's different about the new version is that it is totally event
        based so that you get, along with the stream, a kind of instant blog
        page for just that event. Downside - no embedding and changed url for
        every new event.

        I am seeing, especially in Europe, a lot of people using
        http://bambuser.com/ - works well with phones..

        Google hangout on-air can work well for certain things like online
        interviews, with great screensharing and lower third functionality.
        YouTube live is probably not quite ready for primetime (unless you are
        a partner) but interestingly has licensed a free version of the
        wirecast multicam switcher. http://www.youtube.com/wc4ytlive

        On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
        >> What are the best options out there for vidcasting? I know about Ustream
        >> and BlogTV but I know next to zip about either one and know absolutely
        >> nothing about other alternatives.
        >> I'd like to hear the pros and cons of what's available, my main interests
        >> being ease of use for a non-techie like me, Mac & iOS friendliness, and
        >> possible AdSense integration.
        >> I'd also like a suggestion or two regarding which webcams out there are
        >> decent and affordable (and again, Mac friendly).
        >
        > It all depends on what you plan to be live streaming.
        >
        > We've used http://new.livestream.com/ for bigger events. Honestly at
        > this point, all these video services and much of the hardware seems at
        > a plateau in my experience. Many of the issues have been solved, so
        > youre now looking for ease of use. HD is standard on video hosting
        > services and the cameras you buy to record.
        >
        > I believe this is one reason why things are quiet. Many technical
        > issues really depend on the very narrow use case youre trying to
        > solve. But for more general applications, itll all work just fine.

        Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
        WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
        -