Re: Question re: Live Vlogging

  • neophoto3000
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2012
      Thanks, Jay!

      It's unlikely I'll be livestreaming big events, at least in the beginning. It'll be more of a Q&A between performers and fans thing,

      And yeah, I know a lot of these technical questions have been solved and made exceedingly user-friendly. I do my own poking around as much as possible, but for some reason have had a blind spot (and a weird sense of intimidation) regarding this particular subset of vlogging...

      Chris

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 16, 2012
        > It's unlikely I'll be livestreaming big events, at least in the beginning.
        > It'll be more of a Q&A between performers and fans thing,
        > And yeah, I know a lot of these technical questions have been solved and
        > made exceedingly user-friendly. I do my own poking around as much as
        > possible, but for some reason have had a blind spot (and a weird sense of
        > intimidation) regarding this particular subset of vlogging...

        Try Ustream or Livestream. I just use the webcamera on my mac laptop.
        Theyve thought of everything these days.

        Google Hangout is alos totally cool for having a group conversation :
        http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/

        Jay
      • RANDY MANN
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2012
          hey guys still in lowell still putting shit up on blip see u in the funny
          papers

          randy

          On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > > It's unlikely I'll be livestreaming big events, at least in the
          > beginning.
          > > It'll be more of a Q&A between performers and fans thing,
          > > And yeah, I know a lot of these technical questions have been solved and
          > > made exceedingly user-friendly. I do my own poking around as much as
          > > possible, but for some reason have had a blind spot (and a weird sense of
          > > intimidation) regarding this particular subset of vlogging...
          >
          > Try Ustream or Livestream. I just use the webcamera on my mac laptop.
          > Theyve thought of everything these days.
          >
          > Google Hangout is alos totally cool for having a group conversation :
          > http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/

          Randy
          Rock and Water

        • Joly MacFie
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 16, 2012
            I could be wrong but I think currently "new livestream" is the best
            deal as they are offering a free 'producer' account with no ads to get
            the thing going.

            What's different about the new version is that it is totally event
            based so that you get, along with the stream, a kind of instant blog
            page for just that event. Downside - no embedding and changed url for
            every new event.

            I am seeing, especially in Europe, a lot of people using
            http://bambuser.com/ - works well with phones..

            Google hangout on-air can work well for certain things like online
            interviews, with great screensharing and lower third functionality.
            YouTube live is probably not quite ready for primetime (unless you are
            a partner) but interestingly has licensed a free version of the
            wirecast multicam switcher. http://www.youtube.com/wc4ytlive

            On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
            >> What are the best options out there for vidcasting? I know about Ustream
            >> and BlogTV but I know next to zip about either one and know absolutely
            >> nothing about other alternatives.
            >> I'd like to hear the pros and cons of what's available, my main interests
            >> being ease of use for a non-techie like me, Mac & iOS friendliness, and
            >> possible AdSense integration.
            >> I'd also like a suggestion or two regarding which webcams out there are
            >> decent and affordable (and again, Mac friendly).
            >
            > It all depends on what you plan to be live streaming.
            >
            > We've used http://new.livestream.com/ for bigger events. Honestly at
            > this point, all these video services and much of the hardware seems at
            > a plateau in my experience. Many of the issues have been solved, so
            > youre now looking for ease of use. HD is standard on video hosting
            > services and the cameras you buy to record.
            >
            > I believe this is one reason why things are quiet. Many technical
            > issues really depend on the very narrow use case youre trying to
            > solve. But for more general applications, itll all work just fine.

            Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
            WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
            -