Re: What's everyone up to?

  • kinshasa2000
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:>
      > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
      > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
      > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
      > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official

      When the time came to choose, I chose Twitter over Facebook.

      I have no plans to delete the group. We should be more worried about Yahoo going bankrupt. I think someone archived the Videoblogging group by forwarding all messages to another google group. Not sure.

      When can we just install these computers in our bodies and just do telepathy?

      Jay
    • ernmander
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
        Maybe you should set up a Google+ page instead :)

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

        > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
        > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
        > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
        >
        > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official
        > ;)

        > On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

        > - - -
        > Rupert Howe
        > Production Workflow Consultant
        > Support Partners (UK) Ltd
        >
        > +44 (0)7525 1234 72
        > rupert.howe@...
        > http://support-partners.com
        >

        > The Legal Stuff
        >
        > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
        >
        > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

      • Richard (Show) Hall
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 16, 2012
          So cool to hear from some of you ... those were the days ...

          Haven't made any videos for a long time. I'm still doing the professor
          thing. My real passion these days is writing and playing music with my wife
          and friends.

          <http://youtube.com/blisshippy>

          ... peace ... richard

          On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:02 AM, ernmander <djshabb@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Maybe you should set up a Google+ page instead :)
          >

          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
          > > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
          > > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
          > >
          > > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not
          > official
          > > ;)

          > > On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > **
          > > >

          > > > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

          > > - - -
          > > Rupert Howe
          > > Production Workflow Consultant
          > > Support Partners (UK) Ltd
          > >
          > > +44 (0)7525 1234 72
          > > rupert.howe@...
          >
          > > http://support-partners.com
          > >

          > > The Legal Stuff
          > >
          > > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of
          > the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution,
          > copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please
          > advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any
          > loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail.
          > Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
          > >
          > > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration
          > number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street,
          > Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

          Richard (Show) Hall
          Professor: <http://mst.edu/~rhall>
          Videographer: <http://richardshow.org>
          Musician <http://littlepineyhellbenders.com> <http://blisshippy.com>

        • Irina
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 16, 2012
            Hi everyone! So nice to hear updates! I miss everyone very much. That time
            in our lives i (and kent nichols) call THE GOLDEN AGE OF INDEPENDENT ONLINE
            VIDEO, and it's even more golden and precious because it transitioned into
            something else...

            Eddie and i retired GETV in 2010 and after a midlife crisis... I'm studying
            to be a psychotherapist! All those interviews were good training for
            dealing with people. I'd love to do more video but apparently i already
            might have issued when a potential client googles my name! Lol. I wonder if
            my video past will attract or repel clients?
            :)
            Love you! Irina

          • johnleeke@historichomeworks.com
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 18, 2012
              I'm still using online video to help people understand and maintain their historic buildings.

              I still feel lucky that I fell in with the videobloggers back in 2005, and appreciate all the help you gave me.

              I have not directly monetized my videos, but they are a huge marketing plus for the sales of my print publications.

              You can still catch up with me here:

              Video conferencing at RetroVideo:
              http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/conf/vidconf.htm

              Video reports from the field & Live broadcasting:
              http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/video/rftf.htm

              If anyone wants a VideoBloggers Reunion on FlashMeeting, I'll book it, just suggest a day and time.

              John
              by hammer and hand great works do stand
              by cam and light he shoots it right