Re: [videoblogging] Re: What's everyone up to?

  • Joly MacFie
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
      I completely gave up on my punkcast site and just do YouTube, also less
      music and more tech talks and book readings etc, Stuff nobody else
      covers. I keep meaning to wordpress the site but I'm always too busy
      shooting or editing. Very happy to be HD and tapeless. Also have changed
      from one camera handheld to multicam and editing. Vegas.

      My YouTube's on 7.3 million views, and if I add in my stuff on other
      channels I'm probably around 10 million. http://youtube/user/wwwhatsup

      I got a part time gig managing global webcasts for the Internet Society.
      Mmmm $$$!
      http://bit.ly/isoctv

      I see interesting things happening with google hangouts on-air.

      On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Kath O'Donnell <aliak77@...> wrote:

      > nice to hear what everyone's up to. I hope the group can remain also. I
      > still shoot some video now & then for memory triggers & when away for work
      > - some goes online, some just on my computer/backup drives at home. though
      > I suppose mostly I've been instagramming lately. I like doing the short
      > projects like vlomo/vb-week (even if I don't make it to the end), & the
      > activities that arise now & then via Artists in the Cloud. have had a
      > couple of turns projecting video art onto warehouse walls at some of the
      > projector parties in sydney - lots of fun. would still like to get a little
      > projector, maybe even a personal one one day when I can save up.
      >
      > kath

      Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
      WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
    • Joly MacFie
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
        Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

        Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
        WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
      • Gabriel Soucheyre
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
          hi there,

          still going on with vlogging.
          always one or 2 cameras in my pocket (panasonic & gopro) and shooting.
          best everyone

          Le 15 oct. 2012 � 02:27, compumavengal a �crit :

          > I want advance notice if we are going to do Vlomo again. It was great cataloging the 2011 videos on Tumblr but that time zone difference thing like to kill me.
          >
          > I know I can't do video for 31 days but maybe a topic based one where folks contribute when they can on a theme. Or do what you were gonna do which is how it works out each year anyway. We could go all cliche like in case of Doomsday or something. Or not.
          >
          > It is so good to hear from folks. My day job is seriously interfering with my ability to do and create what I want to do. Planning a transition out to possibly educational media. Taking web classes and soon real world classes on how to do it better.
          >
          > Still working on my Create Video Notebook project. I kinda now see it as a magazine type blog for folks wanting to get into web video; what ever that means to the person. It is a imperfect work in progress.
          >
          > I want to take the things that we talked about in this group and apply them to the now times. Aesthetics, how-to, copyright, copybots and other stuff.
          >
          > I'm going to need an additional 20,000 to get it right. I still record video but have to fight light heck to find time to upload. I want to echo how much info and support I got/get from the group.
          >
          > I certainly want to keep an eye on the emergence of book/video hybrids.
          >
          > I miss you all but most of you are on Twitter, G+ or Facebook.
          >
          > Continued blessing and/or good times.
          >
          > Your long winded pal,
          >
          > Gena Haskett
          > http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
          > http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com
          > http://twitter.com/GenaHaskett
          >
          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

          Gabriel Soucheyre

          Universit� Blaise Pascal
          D�partement des m�tiers de la culture
          CLERMONT-FERRAND
          --
          VIDEOFORMES vid�o et nouveaux m�dias dans l'art contemporain
          www.videoformes.com

          Contribuez � la protection de l'environnement, n'imprimez ce mail qu'en cas de n�cessit�
          Help the environment, print out this e-mail only if you need to.

        • Juan John Cardenas
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
            I am still photovideoblogging in my main accounts -specially facebook - twitter ...and occasionally in youtube since it is kinda choppy my ISP connection through VPN n proxies ( I am currently living n working in China mainland - blockage n filters are still ON ) ... I am beginning to post videos in my main website www.cardren.com in spanish and english but I mainly photoblog-everyday in my facebook webpage:::

            current projects::: planning to re-start my video languages classes series ::: mainly spanish and chinese
            -ready to participate in vlomo-nablopomo 2012

            best regards

            John Dkar = the photovideoblogger

            chengdu sichuan china

            feel free to browse around my sites

            ―- Websites ―�C

            http://www.cardren.com

            http://www.youtube.com/JohnDkar

            http://www.twitwall.com/johndkarfilms

            http://twitter.com/JohnDkarFilms

            http://www.facebook.com/johndkarfilms

            http://wallpapers.cardren.com

          • Ru Howe
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
              I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
              probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
              Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.

              One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official
              ;)

              On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

              - - -
              Rupert Howe
              Production Workflow Consultant
              Support Partners (UK) Ltd

              +44 (0)7525 1234 72
              rupert.howe@...
              http://support-partners.com

              The Legal Stuff

              This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.

              Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

            • kinshasa2000
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:>
                > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
                > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official

                When the time came to choose, I chose Twitter over Facebook.

                I have no plans to delete the group. We should be more worried about Yahoo going bankrupt. I think someone archived the Videoblogging group by forwarding all messages to another google group. Not sure.

                When can we just install these computers in our bodies and just do telepathy?

                Jay
              • ernmander
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
                  Maybe you should set up a Google+ page instead :)

                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

                  > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                  > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                  > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
                  >
                  > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official
                  > ;)

                  > On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

                  > - - -
                  > Rupert Howe
                  > Production Workflow Consultant
                  > Support Partners (UK) Ltd
                  >
                  > +44 (0)7525 1234 72
                  > rupert.howe@...
                  > http://support-partners.com
                  >

                  > The Legal Stuff
                  >
                  > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
                  >
                  > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

                • Richard (Show) Hall
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 16, 2012
                    So cool to hear from some of you ... those were the days ...

                    Haven't made any videos for a long time. I'm still doing the professor
                    thing. My real passion these days is writing and playing music with my wife
                    and friends.

                    <http://youtube.com/blisshippy>

                    ... peace ... richard

                    On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:02 AM, ernmander <djshabb@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Maybe you should set up a Google+ page instead :)
                    >

                    > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                    > > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                    > > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
                    > >
                    > > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not
                    > official
                    > > ;)

                    > > On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > **
                    > > >

                    > > > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

                    > > - - -
                    > > Rupert Howe
                    > > Production Workflow Consultant
                    > > Support Partners (UK) Ltd
                    > >
                    > > +44 (0)7525 1234 72
                    > > rupert.howe@...
                    >
                    > > http://support-partners.com
                    > >

                    > > The Legal Stuff
                    > >
                    > > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of
                    > the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution,
                    > copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please
                    > advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any
                    > loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail.
                    > Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
                    > >
                    > > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration
                    > number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street,
                    > Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

                    Richard (Show) Hall
                    Professor: <http://mst.edu/~rhall>
                    Videographer: <http://richardshow.org>
                    Musician <http://littlepineyhellbenders.com> <http://blisshippy.com>

                  • Irina
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 16, 2012
                      Hi everyone! So nice to hear updates! I miss everyone very much. That time
                      in our lives i (and kent nichols) call THE GOLDEN AGE OF INDEPENDENT ONLINE
                      VIDEO, and it's even more golden and precious because it transitioned into
                      something else...

                      Eddie and i retired GETV in 2010 and after a midlife crisis... I'm studying
                      to be a psychotherapist! All those interviews were good training for
                      dealing with people. I'd love to do more video but apparently i already
                      might have issued when a potential client googles my name! Lol. I wonder if
                      my video past will attract or repel clients?
                      :)
                      Love you! Irina

                    • johnleeke@historichomeworks.com
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 18, 2012
                        I'm still using online video to help people understand and maintain their historic buildings.

                        I still feel lucky that I fell in with the videobloggers back in 2005, and appreciate all the help you gave me.

                        I have not directly monetized my videos, but they are a huge marketing plus for the sales of my print publications.

                        You can still catch up with me here:

                        Video conferencing at RetroVideo:
                        http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/conf/vidconf.htm

                        Video reports from the field & Live broadcasting:
                        http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/video/rftf.htm

                        If anyone wants a VideoBloggers Reunion on FlashMeeting, I'll book it, just suggest a day and time.

                        John
                        by hammer and hand great works do stand
                        by cam and light he shoots it right