Re: [videoblogging] Re: What's everyone up to?

  • Kath O'Donnell
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
      nice to hear what everyone's up to. I hope the group can remain also. I
      still shoot some video now & then for memory triggers & when away for work
      - some goes online, some just on my computer/backup drives at home. though
      I suppose mostly I've been instagramming lately. I like doing the short
      projects like vlomo/vb-week (even if I don't make it to the end), & the
      activities that arise now & then via Artists in the Cloud. have had a
      couple of turns projecting video art onto warehouse walls at some of the
      projector parties in sydney - lots of fun. would still like to get a little
      projector, maybe even a personal one one day when I can save up.

      kath

    • Joly MacFie
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
        I completely gave up on my punkcast site and just do YouTube, also less
        music and more tech talks and book readings etc, Stuff nobody else
        covers. I keep meaning to wordpress the site but I'm always too busy
        shooting or editing. Very happy to be HD and tapeless. Also have changed
        from one camera handheld to multicam and editing. Vegas.

        My YouTube's on 7.3 million views, and if I add in my stuff on other
        channels I'm probably around 10 million. http://youtube/user/wwwhatsup

        I got a part time gig managing global webcasts for the Internet Society.
        Mmmm $$$!
        http://bit.ly/isoctv

        I see interesting things happening with google hangouts on-air.

        On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Kath O'Donnell <aliak77@...> wrote:

        > nice to hear what everyone's up to. I hope the group can remain also. I
        > still shoot some video now & then for memory triggers & when away for work
        > - some goes online, some just on my computer/backup drives at home. though
        > I suppose mostly I've been instagramming lately. I like doing the short
        > projects like vlomo/vb-week (even if I don't make it to the end), & the
        > activities that arise now & then via Artists in the Cloud. have had a
        > couple of turns projecting video art onto warehouse walls at some of the
        > projector parties in sydney - lots of fun. would still like to get a little
        > projector, maybe even a personal one one day when I can save up.
        >
        > kath

        Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
        WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
      • Joly MacFie
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
          Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

          Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
          WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
        • Gabriel Soucheyre
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
            hi there,

            still going on with vlogging.
            always one or 2 cameras in my pocket (panasonic & gopro) and shooting.
            best everyone

            Le 15 oct. 2012 � 02:27, compumavengal a �crit :

            > I want advance notice if we are going to do Vlomo again. It was great cataloging the 2011 videos on Tumblr but that time zone difference thing like to kill me.
            >
            > I know I can't do video for 31 days but maybe a topic based one where folks contribute when they can on a theme. Or do what you were gonna do which is how it works out each year anyway. We could go all cliche like in case of Doomsday or something. Or not.
            >
            > It is so good to hear from folks. My day job is seriously interfering with my ability to do and create what I want to do. Planning a transition out to possibly educational media. Taking web classes and soon real world classes on how to do it better.
            >
            > Still working on my Create Video Notebook project. I kinda now see it as a magazine type blog for folks wanting to get into web video; what ever that means to the person. It is a imperfect work in progress.
            >
            > I want to take the things that we talked about in this group and apply them to the now times. Aesthetics, how-to, copyright, copybots and other stuff.
            >
            > I'm going to need an additional 20,000 to get it right. I still record video but have to fight light heck to find time to upload. I want to echo how much info and support I got/get from the group.
            >
            > I certainly want to keep an eye on the emergence of book/video hybrids.
            >
            > I miss you all but most of you are on Twitter, G+ or Facebook.
            >
            > Continued blessing and/or good times.
            >
            > Your long winded pal,
            >
            > Gena Haskett
            > http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
            > http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com
            > http://twitter.com/GenaHaskett
            >
            > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

            Gabriel Soucheyre

            Universit� Blaise Pascal
            D�partement des m�tiers de la culture
            CLERMONT-FERRAND
            --
            VIDEOFORMES vid�o et nouveaux m�dias dans l'art contemporain
            www.videoformes.com

            Contribuez � la protection de l'environnement, n'imprimez ce mail qu'en cas de n�cessit�
            Help the environment, print out this e-mail only if you need to.

          • Juan John Cardenas
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
              I am still photovideoblogging in my main accounts -specially facebook - twitter ...and occasionally in youtube since it is kinda choppy my ISP connection through VPN n proxies ( I am currently living n working in China mainland - blockage n filters are still ON ) ... I am beginning to post videos in my main website www.cardren.com in spanish and english but I mainly photoblog-everyday in my facebook webpage:::

              current projects::: planning to re-start my video languages classes series ::: mainly spanish and chinese
              -ready to participate in vlomo-nablopomo 2012

              best regards

              John Dkar = the photovideoblogger

              chengdu sichuan china

              feel free to browse around my sites

              ―- Websites ―�C

              http://www.cardren.com

              http://www.youtube.com/JohnDkar

              http://www.twitwall.com/johndkarfilms

              http://twitter.com/JohnDkarFilms

              http://www.facebook.com/johndkarfilms

              http://wallpapers.cardren.com

            • Ru Howe
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
                I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.

                One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official
                ;)

                On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

                - - -
                Rupert Howe
                Production Workflow Consultant
                Support Partners (UK) Ltd

                +44 (0)7525 1234 72
                rupert.howe@...
                http://support-partners.com

                The Legal Stuff

                This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.

                Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

              • kinshasa2000
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:>
                  > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                  > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                  > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
                  > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official

                  When the time came to choose, I chose Twitter over Facebook.

                  I have no plans to delete the group. We should be more worried about Yahoo going bankrupt. I think someone archived the Videoblogging group by forwarding all messages to another google group. Not sure.

                  When can we just install these computers in our bodies and just do telepathy?

                  Jay
                • ernmander
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
                    Maybe you should set up a Google+ page instead :)

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

                    > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                    > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                    > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
                    >
                    > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official
                    > ;)

                    > On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

                    > - - -
                    > Rupert Howe
                    > Production Workflow Consultant
                    > Support Partners (UK) Ltd
                    >
                    > +44 (0)7525 1234 72
                    > rupert.howe@...
                    > http://support-partners.com
                    >

                    > The Legal Stuff
                    >
                    > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
                    >
                    > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

                  • Richard (Show) Hall
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 16, 2012
                      So cool to hear from some of you ... those were the days ...

                      Haven't made any videos for a long time. I'm still doing the professor
                      thing. My real passion these days is writing and playing music with my wife
                      and friends.

                      <http://youtube.com/blisshippy>

                      ... peace ... richard

                      On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:02 AM, ernmander <djshabb@...> wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > Maybe you should set up a Google+ page instead :)
                      >

                      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                      > > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                      > > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
                      > >
                      > > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not
                      > official
                      > > ;)

                      > > On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > **
                      > > >

                      > > > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

                      > > - - -
                      > > Rupert Howe
                      > > Production Workflow Consultant
                      > > Support Partners (UK) Ltd
                      > >
                      > > +44 (0)7525 1234 72
                      > > rupert.howe@...
                      >
                      > > http://support-partners.com
                      > >

                      > > The Legal Stuff
                      > >
                      > > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of
                      > the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution,
                      > copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please
                      > advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any
                      > loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail.
                      > Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
                      > >
                      > > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration
                      > number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street,
                      > Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

                      Richard (Show) Hall
                      Professor: <http://mst.edu/~rhall>
                      Videographer: <http://richardshow.org>
                      Musician <http://littlepineyhellbenders.com> <http://blisshippy.com>

                    • Irina
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 16, 2012
                        Hi everyone! So nice to hear updates! I miss everyone very much. That time
                        in our lives i (and kent nichols) call THE GOLDEN AGE OF INDEPENDENT ONLINE
                        VIDEO, and it's even more golden and precious because it transitioned into
                        something else...

                        Eddie and i retired GETV in 2010 and after a midlife crisis... I'm studying
                        to be a psychotherapist! All those interviews were good training for
                        dealing with people. I'd love to do more video but apparently i already
                        might have issued when a potential client googles my name! Lol. I wonder if
                        my video past will attract or repel clients?
                        :)
                        Love you! Irina

                      • johnleeke@historichomeworks.com
                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 18, 2012
                          I'm still using online video to help people understand and maintain their historic buildings.

                          I still feel lucky that I fell in with the videobloggers back in 2005, and appreciate all the help you gave me.

                          I have not directly monetized my videos, but they are a huge marketing plus for the sales of my print publications.

                          You can still catch up with me here:

                          Video conferencing at RetroVideo:
                          http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/conf/vidconf.htm

                          Video reports from the field & Live broadcasting:
                          http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/video/rftf.htm

                          If anyone wants a VideoBloggers Reunion on FlashMeeting, I'll book it, just suggest a day and time.

                          John
                          by hammer and hand great works do stand
                          by cam and light he shoots it right