Re: [videoblogging] Re: What's everyone up to?

  • Susan Pitman
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
      I'm not a "videoblogger" anymore, per se, but I still like to make some
      cool videos from time to time.

      On May 6, 2011, I married the man of my dreams... here's a couple videos
      from after the ceremony. They're funny :)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw82mbmGrro&feature=g-upl
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqDtbDaoG8Y&list=UU0VrMEvRBWxuxtUyKUgRung&index=4&feature=plcp

      I think about you guys from time to time and about what a great time we all
      had together. I think deleting the group would be un-cool. It's neat to
      have someone bring up a topic from time to time. :)

      Susan (aka "kitykity)
      susan.a.pitman@...

      On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 12:22 PM, Rob Reedy <rob_reedy@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I am still an active video blogger... just posted an introduction on You
      > Tube a "re-launch" if you will.. http://youtu.be/pdD06MnpG2o
      >
      > Also, was just farting around with green screen and webcam effects, and
      > posted a little humor for Ellen Degeneres at http://youtu.be/ZrtCPX8BH8c
      >
      > Hope others take this opportunity to update the group.
      >
      > Take Care
      >
      > Rob Reedy
      >

      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what
      > you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many
      > have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

    • joel
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
        Hey all!

        I'm still doing a little video, but keep them short and am using facebook
        mostly... Still concentrating on my "audience of 10" as most of my videos
        are about my son and keeping my family on the west coast connected. I
        really wanted to reply to this just to agree with KityKity that I would
        hate to see the group deleted and to say that I had a great time with you
        all - especially the VlogEurope crew and our times in Amsterdam,
        Milan, Heidelberg and Budapest. I still name my WiFi SSID "Node101" and
        promote a kind of videoblogging at work centered around our Lessons Learned
        program.

        Happy vlogging to those of you still making it happen.

        Joel (joelart)

        --
        feel the vlove!

        joel
        http://joelart.blip.tv
        http://www.vlogeurope.com

        > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what
        > > you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many
        > > have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

      • mikemoon_ca
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 13, 2012
          Still vlogging, but on a slower pace.
          Career change and a relocating back to my hometown are the latest events.
          I post less on my actually WordPress site. (Hmmm, wonder if there is a WP plugin that will create a post every time there's a new YouTube video posted to my account?)

          But yup, still shootin vids.

          Mike
          http://MikeMoon.ca
          YouTube = MikeMoondotca

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...> wrote:

          > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

        • janmclaughlin08
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...> wrote:

            > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

            Still videoblogging, but mostly family and work-related stuff.

            Host a weekly G+ Hangout for production sound mixers to talk tech and industry info, but don't record anything (yet) for posterity.

            For sure, don't delete the group. Our connection remains strong if thin :)

            XOXOX,
            Jan
          • StanH
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
              [snip]
              > Ha. I've thought about just deleting the group but thought something
              > might pop up one day that we all need to discuss. Twitter etc is real
              > difference these days. Much different world from 2004 when we all got
              > together.
              [snip]

              I've wondered about it. I started my first video blog in early 2005 and it was a thrill a group of us shared, posting video and text on our own websites. "Videoblog" might have been too generous an umbrella as it included shows like Ask A Ninja, Rocketboom, etc. Some people would "vlog" when they just meant go out and shoot anything. Some of my favorites, though were the personal ones like Jay and Ryanne's courtship and I'll never forget Verdi's hospital visit with his daughter after her appendectomy. I could make a long list, but that is not the purpose of this post.

              Have video blog websites stopped? I see Mike Moon still hanging in there even through his career/life changes and maybe because of them.

              The shows went off in their own direction on Blip and YouTube channels. I don't know if they were ever "videoblogs" anyway.

              In fact, I don't know if what I do is a "video blog" in the current sense. My site, http://pineplainsviews.com has been called an ongoing online documentary and, in fact, I like that description.

              I have found that the "metrics" are now on YouTube. I have one clip, 16 seconds long, that currently has 970,000 views on YouTube. All my video blogging sites combined only have a few hundred thousand visits. I still keep my faith in the long tail...

              I think there are things that could be worked out in a group like this that aren't, for example, in Artists in the Clouds. But I just don't know if there is a community, a critical mass to generate the energy.

              I suppose that's what I'm probing in this post!

              Stan Hirson
              http://PinePlainsViews.com
              http://Hestakaup.com
              http://ThinkingGlobalActingLocal.com

              and on YouTube and Vimeo....
            • Jeffrey Taylor
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                I've settled down into making things here in San Francisco for non-profits,
                like this package video we're dropping today for a fundraising gala (shhhh
                private url, and the final titling is uploaded just yet):
                http://youtu.be/kcuKr_TsPrw

                On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM, mikemoon_ca <mgmoon@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Still vlogging, but on a slower pace.
                > Career change and a relocating back to my hometown are the latest events.
                > I post less on my actually WordPress site. (Hmmm, wonder if there is a WP
                > plugin that will create a post every time there's a new YouTube video
                > posted to my account?)
                >
                > But yup, still shootin vids.
                >
                > Mike
                > http://MikeMoon.ca
                > YouTube = MikeMoondotca
                >

                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what
                > you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many
                > have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

                --
                Jeffrey Taylor
                912 Cole St, #349
                San Francisco, CA 94117 USA
                Main: +14158917310
                Mobile: +14157281264

                "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you." �
                Maya Angelou

              • Tim Street
                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                  I've not been doing any French Maid TV or any interviews with video
                  creators lately but I am heading to Digital Hollywood this week where I am
                  planning on interviewing folks about using social media to promote their
                  videos for the Marketing Over Coffee podcast.

                  Other than that I created an enhanced eBook for the iPad with over 90
                  minutes of video in it. It's a mystery thriller about a jilted Washington
                  mistress who stalks her lover, catches him with other women and then posts
                  it online for his wife and DC friends to see. It's called Vids and you can
                  download a free sample to your iPad 2 or 3 here: *
                  http://bit.ly/VidsByTimStreet*
                  *
                  *
                  I'm also doing a weekly podcast called Behind the Video where we talk about
                  things video related. If you have a project that's coming out soon and has
                  some interesting video aspects to it we would love to have you on the show
                  via Google Hangouts. Please ping me.

                  On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Dennis Poulette <Drpoulette@...>wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what you've
                  > been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many have moved
                  > on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

                  --
                  Tim Street
                  1TimStreet.com
                  @1TimStreet <http://twitter.com/1TimStreet>
                  818-288-2724 m
                  Writer / Producer / Director
                  Author of the iPad Mystery Thriller Vids <http://bit.ly/VidsByTimStreet>
                  Vids Facebook Page <http://www.facebook.com/eBookVids>

                • Lan Bui
                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                    Video blogging gave me the skills and showed me I love making videos. I just shot my first feature film and still do loads of photography. I miss the days where Vu and I would make videos of our shoots... now everything is so complicated it just never happens.

                    Maybe some day we can all get back together like a reunion or something!!!???

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...> wrote:

                    > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

                  • David Lee King
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                      Since we're sharing and all... hi everyone! Let's see - I still make an
                      occasional video, usually for my blog these days. I also make videos for
                      work (a public library), and sometimes help livestream a conference. Those
                      skills came from me experimenting with making videos and by learning from
                      y'all.

                      So thanks!

                      David Lee King | davidleeking.com
                      Twitter | Skype | Facebook | davidleeking<http://www.twitter.com/davidleeking>

                      On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 7:51 AM, janmclaughlin08 <jannie.jan@...>wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what
                      > you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many
                      > have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.
                      > >

                      > Still videoblogging, but mostly family and work-related stuff.
                      >
                      > Host a weekly G+ Hangout for production sound mixers to talk tech and
                      > industry info, but don't record anything (yet) for posterity.
                      >
                      > For sure, don't delete the group. Our connection remains strong if thin :)
                      >
                      > XOXOX,
                      > Jan

                    • Adam Warner
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                        Hi all,

                        Great to see so many of us still active on this list:) I still enjoy videoblogging, but these days it's mostly personal stuff to keep in touch with family around the world. I did run a Memorial DVD business with the video skills and tips I learned from the group, but I closed that business several years ago (24 turn around time for grieving families took it's physical and emotional toll).

                        As you may recall, I was also the guy posting a lot of WordPress related stuff to the list and I'm happy to say that I still work with WP every day. I work as the Enterprise Sales Manager for ManageWP.com as well as still take on longer term WP development work when time allows. I've also created and marketed several WP-related digital products, the most recent and notable being the FooBox plugin found here: http://getfoobox.com

                        That said, if anyone here on the list has a need (or your company or University) to manage multiple WordPress sites, please do have a look at http://managewp.com and contact me personally at adam@...

                        Great to hear from you all..and keep on creating video!

                        Sincerely,

                        Adam W. Warner
                        http://wpprobusiness.com

                        ________________________________
                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                          Hi everybody!

                          My heart always leaps when I see emails from the Yahoo Videoblogging group.
                          You've played such a pivotal part in the last few years of my life.
                          I got back into it a little in July/August when I was off work with
                          pneumonia. Got all reinspired by Clintus's daily vlogging on Youtube, which
                          you should all check out at http://youtube.com/clintus/

                          But then I went back to work and as usual it gets prioritised behind work
                          and family.

                          But even doing a few vids a year builds up over time.

                          When I joined this group, I was working for my dad's aluminium company and
                          had walked away from tv after my first directing job because my heart
                          wasn't in it.
                          This group reawakened my love of film and videomaking - and as a direct
                          result of what I started learning here I now have an amazing job managing
                          workflows and technology for the BBC's in house edit facility in Bristol.
                          So I've gone from 30 second vlogs shot and cut and posted on my Nokia to
                          Natural History shows that shoot 2000 hours of 5k RED over 3 years. And at
                          one level, it's all the same thing!

                          We can't delete the group. There's a lot of material and discussion here
                          that will be useful to researchers in the future. And might be good for a
                          video retrospective in a couple of years. For the TEN YEAR anniversary.
                          Jesus, that thought makes me feel old.

                          Anyway, it's almost November. And you know what that means.

                          On Sunday, 14 October 2012, Adam Warner wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > Hi all,
                          >
                          > Great to see so many of us still active on this list:) I still enjoy
                          > videoblogging, but these days it's mostly personal stuff to keep in touch
                          > with family around the world. I did run a Memorial DVD business with the
                          > video skills and tips I learned from the group, but I closed that business
                          > several years ago (24 turn around time for grieving families took it's
                          > physical and emotional toll).
                          >
                          > As you may recall, I was also the guy posting a lot of WordPress related
                          > stuff to the list and I'm happy to say that I still work with WP every day.
                          > I work as the Enterprise Sales Manager for ManageWP.com as well as still
                          > take on longer term WP development work when time allows. I've also created
                          > and marketed several WP-related digital products, the most recent and
                          > notable being the FooBox plugin found here: http://getfoobox.com
                          >
                          > That said, if anyone here on the list has a need (or your company or
                          > University) to manage multiple WordPress sites, please do have a look at
                          > http://managewp.com and contact me personally at adam@...<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'adam%40managewp.com');>
                          >
                          > Great to hear from you all..and keep on creating video!
                          >
                          > Sincerely,
                          >
                          > Adam W. Warner
                          > http://wpprobusiness.com
                          >
                          > ________________________________
                          > From: Lan Bui <lan@... <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
                          > 'lan%40lanbui.com');>>

                          - - -
                          Rupert Howe
                          Production Workflow Consultant
                          Support Partners (UK) Ltd

                          +44 (0)7525 1234 72
                          rupert.howe@...
                          http://support-partners.com

                          The Legal Stuff

                          This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.

                          Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

                        • Susan Pitman
                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                            Hey Lan... I've got it... Wait for it...

                            VLOGGER PROM!

                            (lol...)

                            Susan

                            On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Adam Warner <awarner20@...> wrote:

                            > **
                            >

                            > Hi all,
                            >
                            > Great to see so many of us still active on this list:) I still enjoy
                            > videoblogging, but these days it's mostly personal stuff to keep in touch
                            > with family around the world. I did run a Memorial DVD business with the
                            > video skills and tips I learned from the group, but I closed that business
                            > several years ago (24 turn around time for grieving families took it's
                            > physical and emotional toll).
                            >
                            > As you may recall, I was also the guy posting a lot of WordPress related
                            > stuff to the list and I'm happy to say that I still work with WP every day.
                            > I work as the Enterprise Sales Manager for ManageWP.com as well as still
                            > take on longer term WP development work when time allows. I've also created
                            > and marketed several WP-related digital products, the most recent and
                            > notable being the FooBox plugin found here: http://getfoobox.com
                            >
                            > That said, if anyone here on the list has a need (or your company or
                            > University) to manage multiple WordPress sites, please do have a look at
                            > http://managewp.com and contact me personally at adam@...
                            >
                            > Great to hear from you all..and keep on creating video!
                            >
                            > Sincerely,
                            >
                            > Adam W. Warner
                            > http://wpprobusiness.com
                            >
                            > ________________________________

                          • Frank Carver
                            Message 13 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                              On 13 October 2012 16:12, Dennis Poulette <Drpoulette@...> wrote:
                              > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what you've
                              > been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many have moved
                              > on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

                              Spent a few years where the only videos I made were for vlomo, but now
                              I'm back in the saddle again as one of a crew doing volunteer video
                              reports for a local community web tv channel.
                              Sometimes as part of a team (
                              http://www.a-vision.tv/videos/viewvideo/208/sport-health-and-fitness/sky-ride-2012
                              ) and sometimes on my own (
                              http://www.a-vision.tv/videos/viewvideo/185/out-and-about/beer-festival-2012
                              )

                              Personally I am motivated by challenges, which is why I love vlomo
                              (and VBW, semanal etc from a few years back). The reporting gig forces
                              me to get personal stories and do interviews, which I had kind of
                              avoided, so I am making a bunch of mistakes, but learning loads. Just
                              like videoblogging in the old days.

                              So is anyone else up for vlomo this year?

                              Frank.
                            • neophoto3000
                              Message 14 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                I continued work on my comedy series Penelope's Pantyhose, built it into something pretty big view-wise but less than spectacular revenue-wise, got bored with it, reinvented it a few times, half-heartedly developed a couple of side projects that fizzled, then moved away from regular YouTube production.

                                I directed a handful of fun music videos for my friend Rich Ferguson, a musician and spoken word artist here in LA:

                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMSaYLIg12E
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhNe8o35pss
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4taslIGYWzg

                                During this time, my mom suffered a long and arduous decline in her health and passed away a year ago April. After that, I experienced a prolonged period of creative block that I'm just now coming out of.

                                On the plus side (and there is one)... after digging my heels in as long as I could, I finally gave in and taught myself WordPress. This led to a few decent freelance design jobs.

                                And I judged last year's Shriekfest film festival, which was fun.

                                Now I've come full circle and am going to give the Penelope show a grand reboot. It may have only generated a trickle of AdSense revenue, but in between web design jobs a trickle is no trifle. I'm bringing the show back to its roots, giving it a more narrative focus, building up the transmedia aspects I'd previously only toyed with and developing an iBooks tie-in (in that, I was inspired by Tim's "Vids" project; prior to seeing his iBook and realizing the format's potential, I'd written off iBooks Author as just a textbook-creation tool).

                                Other than that, my biggest news is that I've all but abandoned Yahoo Mail and am now more reachable at chrisburdick@... than I am at the spam-pummeled sbcglobal.net address above.

                                Chris

                                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...> wrote:

                                > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

                              • Chad Boeninger
                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                  Good to hear from everyone. I enjoy seeing emails come up from this group.

                                  I make a lot of my videos for work using skills that I learned and
                                  practiced with the help of this group. My family videos have slowed down a
                                  bit, but maybe with November coming up, I can post something every day in
                                  November.

                                  The iPad with iMovie (Pinnacle is even better) makes the workflow a lot
                                  easier.

                                  Good to hear from everyone!

                                  --Chad

                                  On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM, neophoto3000 <cjburdick@...>wrote:

                                  > **
                                  >

                                  > I continued work on my comedy series Penelope's Pantyhose, built it into
                                  > something pretty big view-wise but less than spectacular revenue-wise, got
                                  > bored with it, reinvented it a few times, half-heartedly developed a couple
                                  > of side projects that fizzled, then moved away from regular YouTube
                                  > production.
                                  >
                                  > I directed a handful of fun music videos for my friend Rich Ferguson, a
                                  > musician and spoken word artist here in LA:
                                  >
                                  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMSaYLIg12E
                                  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhNe8o35pss
                                  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4taslIGYWzg
                                  >
                                  > During this time, my mom suffered a long and arduous decline in her health
                                  > and passed away a year ago April. After that, I experienced a prolonged
                                  > period of creative block that I'm just now coming out of.
                                  >
                                  > On the plus side (and there is one)... after digging my heels in as long
                                  > as I could, I finally gave in and taught myself WordPress. This led to a
                                  > few decent freelance design jobs.
                                  >
                                  > And I judged last year's Shriekfest film festival, which was fun.
                                  >
                                  > Now I've come full circle and am going to give the Penelope show a grand
                                  > reboot. It may have only generated a trickle of AdSense revenue, but in
                                  > between web design jobs a trickle is no trifle. I'm bringing the show back
                                  > to its roots, giving it a more narrative focus, building up the transmedia
                                  > aspects I'd previously only toyed with and developing an iBooks tie-in (in
                                  > that, I was inspired by Tim's "Vids" project; prior to seeing his iBook and
                                  > realizing the format's potential, I'd written off iBooks Author as just a
                                  > textbook-creation tool).
                                  >
                                  > Other than that, my biggest news is that I've all but abandoned Yahoo Mail
                                  > and am now more reachable at chrisburdick@... than I am at the
                                  > spam-pummeled sbcglobal.net address above.
                                  >
                                  > Chris
                                  >

                                  > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what
                                  > you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many
                                  > have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

                                  --
                                  Chad F. Boeninger
                                  libraryvoice.com

                                • compumavengal
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                    I want advance notice if we are going to do Vlomo again. It was great cataloging the 2011 videos on Tumblr but that time zone difference thing like to kill me.

                                    I know I can't do video for 31 days but maybe a topic based one where folks contribute when they can on a theme. Or do what you were gonna do which is how it works out each year anyway. We could go all cliche like in case of Doomsday or something. Or not.

                                    It is so good to hear from folks. My day job is seriously interfering with my ability to do and create what I want to do. Planning a transition out to possibly educational media. Taking web classes and soon real world classes on how to do it better.

                                    Still working on my Create Video Notebook project. I kinda now see it as a magazine type blog for folks wanting to get into web video; what ever that means to the person. It is a imperfect work in progress.

                                    I want to take the things that we talked about in this group and apply them to the now times. Aesthetics, how-to, copyright, copybots and other stuff.

                                    I'm going to need an additional 20,000 to get it right. I still record video but have to fight light heck to find time to upload. I want to echo how much info and support I got/get from the group.

                                    I certainly want to keep an eye on the emergence of book/video hybrids.

                                    I miss you all but most of you are on Twitter, G+ or Facebook.

                                    Continued blessing and/or good times.

                                    Your long winded pal,

                                    Gena Haskett
                                    http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
                                    http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com
                                    http://twitter.com/GenaHaskett

                                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...> wrote:

                                    > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

                                  • Kath O'Donnell
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                      nice to hear what everyone's up to. I hope the group can remain also. I
                                      still shoot some video now & then for memory triggers & when away for work
                                      - some goes online, some just on my computer/backup drives at home. though
                                      I suppose mostly I've been instagramming lately. I like doing the short
                                      projects like vlomo/vb-week (even if I don't make it to the end), & the
                                      activities that arise now & then via Artists in the Cloud. have had a
                                      couple of turns projecting video art onto warehouse walls at some of the
                                      projector parties in sydney - lots of fun. would still like to get a little
                                      projector, maybe even a personal one one day when I can save up.

                                      kath

                                    • Joly MacFie
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                        I completely gave up on my punkcast site and just do YouTube, also less
                                        music and more tech talks and book readings etc, Stuff nobody else
                                        covers. I keep meaning to wordpress the site but I'm always too busy
                                        shooting or editing. Very happy to be HD and tapeless. Also have changed
                                        from one camera handheld to multicam and editing. Vegas.

                                        My YouTube's on 7.3 million views, and if I add in my stuff on other
                                        channels I'm probably around 10 million. http://youtube/user/wwwhatsup

                                        I got a part time gig managing global webcasts for the Internet Society.
                                        Mmmm $$$!
                                        http://bit.ly/isoctv

                                        I see interesting things happening with google hangouts on-air.

                                        On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Kath O'Donnell <aliak77@...> wrote:

                                        > nice to hear what everyone's up to. I hope the group can remain also. I
                                        > still shoot some video now & then for memory triggers & when away for work
                                        > - some goes online, some just on my computer/backup drives at home. though
                                        > I suppose mostly I've been instagramming lately. I like doing the short
                                        > projects like vlomo/vb-week (even if I don't make it to the end), & the
                                        > activities that arise now & then via Artists in the Cloud. have had a
                                        > couple of turns projecting video art onto warehouse walls at some of the
                                        > projector parties in sydney - lots of fun. would still like to get a little
                                        > projector, maybe even a personal one one day when I can save up.
                                        >
                                        > kath

                                        Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
                                        WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
                                      • Joly MacFie
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                          Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

                                          Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
                                          WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
                                        • Gabriel Soucheyre
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                            hi there,

                                            still going on with vlogging.
                                            always one or 2 cameras in my pocket (panasonic & gopro) and shooting.
                                            best everyone

                                            Le 15 oct. 2012 � 02:27, compumavengal a �crit :

                                            > I want advance notice if we are going to do Vlomo again. It was great cataloging the 2011 videos on Tumblr but that time zone difference thing like to kill me.
                                            >
                                            > I know I can't do video for 31 days but maybe a topic based one where folks contribute when they can on a theme. Or do what you were gonna do which is how it works out each year anyway. We could go all cliche like in case of Doomsday or something. Or not.
                                            >
                                            > It is so good to hear from folks. My day job is seriously interfering with my ability to do and create what I want to do. Planning a transition out to possibly educational media. Taking web classes and soon real world classes on how to do it better.
                                            >
                                            > Still working on my Create Video Notebook project. I kinda now see it as a magazine type blog for folks wanting to get into web video; what ever that means to the person. It is a imperfect work in progress.
                                            >
                                            > I want to take the things that we talked about in this group and apply them to the now times. Aesthetics, how-to, copyright, copybots and other stuff.
                                            >
                                            > I'm going to need an additional 20,000 to get it right. I still record video but have to fight light heck to find time to upload. I want to echo how much info and support I got/get from the group.
                                            >
                                            > I certainly want to keep an eye on the emergence of book/video hybrids.
                                            >
                                            > I miss you all but most of you are on Twitter, G+ or Facebook.
                                            >
                                            > Continued blessing and/or good times.
                                            >
                                            > Your long winded pal,
                                            >
                                            > Gena Haskett
                                            > http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
                                            > http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com
                                            > http://twitter.com/GenaHaskett
                                            >
                                            > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Poulette" <Drpoulette@...> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Hey I was just thinking about all you guys today and wondering what you've been up to. This group has been around for a long time, and many have moved on to other things. Just wondering how you're doing.

                                            Gabriel Soucheyre

                                            Universit� Blaise Pascal
                                            D�partement des m�tiers de la culture
                                            CLERMONT-FERRAND
                                            --
                                            VIDEOFORMES vid�o et nouveaux m�dias dans l'art contemporain
                                            www.videoformes.com

                                            Contribuez � la protection de l'environnement, n'imprimez ce mail qu'en cas de n�cessit�
                                            Help the environment, print out this e-mail only if you need to.

                                          • Juan John Cardenas
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Oct 14, 2012
                                              I am still photovideoblogging in my main accounts -specially facebook - twitter ...and occasionally in youtube since it is kinda choppy my ISP connection through VPN n proxies ( I am currently living n working in China mainland - blockage n filters are still ON ) ... I am beginning to post videos in my main website www.cardren.com in spanish and english but I mainly photoblog-everyday in my facebook webpage:::

                                              current projects::: planning to re-start my video languages classes series ::: mainly spanish and chinese
                                              -ready to participate in vlomo-nablopomo 2012

                                              best regards

                                              John Dkar = the photovideoblogger

                                              chengdu sichuan china

                                              feel free to browse around my sites

                                              ―- Websites ―�C

                                              http://www.cardren.com

                                              http://www.youtube.com/JohnDkar

                                              http://www.twitwall.com/johndkarfilms

                                              http://twitter.com/JohnDkarFilms

                                              http://www.facebook.com/johndkarfilms

                                              http://wallpapers.cardren.com

                                            • Ru Howe
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                                                probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                                                Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.

                                                One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official
                                                ;)

                                                On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:

                                                > **
                                                >

                                                > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

                                                - - -
                                                Rupert Howe
                                                Production Workflow Consultant
                                                Support Partners (UK) Ltd

                                                +44 (0)7525 1234 72
                                                rupert.howe@...
                                                http://support-partners.com

                                                The Legal Stuff

                                                This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.

                                                Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

                                              • kinshasa2000
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:>
                                                  > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                                                  > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                                                  > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
                                                  > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official

                                                  When the time came to choose, I chose Twitter over Facebook.

                                                  I have no plans to delete the group. We should be more worried about Yahoo going bankrupt. I think someone archived the Videoblogging group by forwarding all messages to another google group. Not sure.

                                                  When can we just install these computers in our bodies and just do telepathy?

                                                  Jay
                                                • ernmander
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Oct 15, 2012
                                                    Maybe you should set up a Google+ page instead :)

                                                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

                                                    > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                                                    > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                                                    > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
                                                    >
                                                    > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not official
                                                    > ;)

                                                    > On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:
                                                    >
                                                    > > **
                                                    > >

                                                    > > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

                                                    > - - -
                                                    > Rupert Howe
                                                    > Production Workflow Consultant
                                                    > Support Partners (UK) Ltd
                                                    >
                                                    > +44 (0)7525 1234 72
                                                    > rupert.howe@...
                                                    > http://support-partners.com
                                                    >

                                                    > The Legal Stuff
                                                    >
                                                    > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
                                                    >
                                                    > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

                                                  • Richard (Show) Hall
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Oct 16, 2012
                                                      So cool to hear from some of you ... those were the days ...

                                                      Haven't made any videos for a long time. I'm still doing the professor
                                                      thing. My real passion these days is writing and playing music with my wife
                                                      and friends.

                                                      <http://youtube.com/blisshippy>

                                                      ... peace ... richard

                                                      On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:02 AM, ernmander <djshabb@...> wrote:

                                                      > **
                                                      >

                                                      > Maybe you should set up a Google+ page instead :)
                                                      >

                                                      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ru Howe <rupert@...> wrote:
                                                      > >
                                                      > > I hate Facebook with an absolute passion and never use it. But you're
                                                      > > probably right. It's the next logical step. I get quite a few emails from
                                                      > > Ruud's Videojournalist Facebook group, which serves a similar purpose.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > One thing though: it must be created by Dedman, otherwise it's not
                                                      > official
                                                      > > ;)

                                                      > > On 15 October 2012 04:27, Joly MacFie <joly@...> wrote:
                                                      > >
                                                      > > > **
                                                      > > >

                                                      > > > Oh, and, I'd be happy to join a fb group if anyone wants to start one..

                                                      > > - - -
                                                      > > Rupert Howe
                                                      > > Production Workflow Consultant
                                                      > > Support Partners (UK) Ltd
                                                      > >
                                                      > > +44 (0)7525 1234 72
                                                      > > rupert.howe@...
                                                      >
                                                      > > http://support-partners.com
                                                      > >

                                                      > > The Legal Stuff
                                                      > >
                                                      > > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of
                                                      > the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution,
                                                      > copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please
                                                      > advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any
                                                      > loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail.
                                                      > Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration
                                                      > number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street,
                                                      > Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

                                                      Richard (Show) Hall
                                                      Professor: <http://mst.edu/~rhall>
                                                      Videographer: <http://richardshow.org>
                                                      Musician <http://littlepineyhellbenders.com> <http://blisshippy.com>

                                                    • Irina
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Oct 16, 2012
                                                        Hi everyone! So nice to hear updates! I miss everyone very much. That time
                                                        in our lives i (and kent nichols) call THE GOLDEN AGE OF INDEPENDENT ONLINE
                                                        VIDEO, and it's even more golden and precious because it transitioned into
                                                        something else...

                                                        Eddie and i retired GETV in 2010 and after a midlife crisis... I'm studying
                                                        to be a psychotherapist! All those interviews were good training for
                                                        dealing with people. I'd love to do more video but apparently i already
                                                        might have issued when a potential client googles my name! Lol. I wonder if
                                                        my video past will attract or repel clients?
                                                        :)
                                                        Love you! Irina

                                                      • johnleeke@historichomeworks.com
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Oct 18, 2012
                                                          I'm still using online video to help people understand and maintain their historic buildings.

                                                          I still feel lucky that I fell in with the videobloggers back in 2005, and appreciate all the help you gave me.

                                                          I have not directly monetized my videos, but they are a huge marketing plus for the sales of my print publications.

                                                          You can still catch up with me here:

                                                          Video conferencing at RetroVideo:
                                                          http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/conf/vidconf.htm

                                                          Video reports from the field & Live broadcasting:
                                                          http://historichomeworks.com/hhw/video/rftf.htm

                                                          If anyone wants a VideoBloggers Reunion on FlashMeeting, I'll book it, just suggest a day and time.

                                                          John
                                                          by hammer and hand great works do stand
                                                          by cam and light he shoots it right