Re: [videoblogging] Re: Best cellphone camera

  • Rupert Howe
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 14 11:43 AM
      I think you have to jailbreak it, so hopefully that will be possible soon
      after release if you're waiting for iphone 5 and ios 6.

      Otherwise, just remember to turn it off during robberies and homicides.

      They're probably watching you through your webcam anyway. Think of it as
      passive videoblogging.

      On Jun 14, 2012 6:09 PM, "Adam Quirk" <quirk@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Thanks all. I'm sold.
      >
      > I just don't want the thing to track me everywhere, as the Internet seems
      > to think it does. I'm sure there are ways to turn that off though.
      >
      > AQ
      >
      > On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM, mikemoon_ca <mgmoon@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I really am enjoying the iPhone 4s I got last Christmas.
      > > I now have just one gadget in pocket instead of 2 or 3.
      > > I'm able to shoot video at anytime.
      > >
      > > I still will use the Kodak underwater camera around the pool and I love
      > > the picture quality from my old Xacti HD2.
      > >
      > > But, the iPhone does everything I'd want from capturing, editing,
      > posting,
      > > distribution, commenting, in a package that fits easily in my pocket.
      > Wow.
      > > Over the past several months,the vlogs I've posted have been exclusively
      > > created and posted via the iPhone with no computer involvement.
      > >
      > > The only reason I wouldn't recommend the iPhone 4s, is that the Facetime
      > > camera is only 640x480. I understand from rumors that Apple will put in
      > an
      > > HD Facetime camera in the upcoming iPhone 5.
      > >
      > > Besides being able to complete the vlogging cycle from shoot to post, the
      > > massive app library means you have multiple options for any task.
      > >
      > > Hmm, I do have an iPad 1, but not being compatible with iMovie and now to
      > > understand it'll be dropped from iOs6 compatibility, it might be time to
      > > think upgrade.
      > >
      > > Mike
      > > http://MikeMoon.ca
      > >
      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Yeah, the iPhone is still the best.
      > > <snip>
      > > >
      > > > </bah>

      > > iPhone and
      > of

      The Legal Stuff

      This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.

      Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

    • Adam Quirk
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 14 3:40 PM
        It's best to whisper "I know you're watching" any time you enter an empty
        room.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 26, 2012
          Further to this discussion last month, I finally shot a wobbly twittervlog
          video on my Xacti (Panasonic WA10) and cut it on my iPad 2 with iMovie.
          The clips imported easily to iPad straight off the camera card and into the
          new iMovie (they didn't import into iMovie last year) and cutting was
          easier and more fun than expected.

          It's here:
          http://vimeo.com/46387129
          Warning: it's 6 minutes 39 seconds long.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 26, 2012
            Meant to say thanks for the prompt to give it another try, Chad :)

          • Chad Boeninger
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 26, 2012
              Good stuff, Rupert! Glad you gave the editing on the ipad another go. It
              works pretty well, but my beef with it is that you can't read the newspaper
              on your ipad while it's rendering (or uploading to Vimeo, for that matter).
              However, the ability to edit your video anywhere you want is pretty nice.

              FYI, I had trouble with the 60fps settings on my Xacti, but anything 30fps
              imported to iMovie just fine.

              Even though my other cameras shoot AVCHD, I've set them to shoot mp4 just
              in case I want to do some editing on my iPad.

              Rupert, you also make me want to bring the Xacti out of the drawer. I've
              since replace it with a Sony Wx150, a compact P&S that shoots full HD and
              pics, with optical image stabilization. I shot my birthday vlog video with
              it https://vimeo.com/46193118

              Take care,
              Chad

              Chad F. Boeninger