Kit question: Micro 4/3 mirrorless for video?

  • Julian Seery Gude
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18 8:13 AM
      Hi Gang,

      I've been gearing up to make new videos for my company and will be doing
      much of my work on my iPhone 4S. Mostly because it's plenty good enough for
      talking head videos and it's already in the format I need to make quick
      edits on my Mac.

      Here's my question.

      What cameras should I consider if I want to step up to a reasonably priced
      video camera that improves my video quality over the 4S for talking head
      and other more *demanding* work?

      Considerations:

      - Compact in size
      - great value for money
      - shoots mp4 format on the camera

      I'm interested in the micro 4/3 cameras due to their smaller size and
      mirrorless lenses. But, to be honest I've heard nothing about these units
      from a video standpoint, just still picture photogs gushing about them.

      I really like the Panasonic Lumix DMC GX1 because it now shoots video
      directly in mp4 format so no conversion is needed from AVCHD.

      What say you?
      Any tips or ideas?

      Doesn't have to be a micro 4/3 solution. I hear a lot of vloggers or tech
      people say Canon's Vixia series are very nice for the price but no one ever
      says which model. Argh!

      ~ julian

      --
      Julian Seery Gude