Re: [videoblogging] Re: De-lurking to see if y'all can help solve a problem - Trump Apple's Director of Video!

  • Jeffrey Taylor
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1 2:44 PM
      Great stuff. Will be responding tomorrow!

      On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 07:35, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > It's pretty simple, I guess.
      >
      > If the only real value/ROI of the video is to gather emails for the mailing
      > list, then that's what you do.
      >
      > If there are other benefits to the organisation from being seen by the
      > wider public who are not prepared to pay for access with their email
      > address, then you make it optional. You'll get fewer email addresses but
      > you balance that loss against the benefit of wider exposure.
      >
      > Depends on what is more valuable to you and the people spending their time,
      > money and effort making the video. Exposure and awareness to a largely
      > anonymous audience, or a smaller audience of usable contacts?
      >
      > I can see both points of view, but I agree with yours.

      > On Mar 1, 2012 3:16 PM, "Josh Wolf" <lists@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      >

      > > I believe you can make a splash page for the entire domain that would
      > > request people submit their e-mails. But I agree with the others who feel
      > > they should be able to opt out of providing their email address and still
      > > watch the bid.
      > >
      > > Best,
      > >
      > > Josh
      > >
      > > Sent from my iPhone
      > >
      > > On Mar 1, 2012, at 1:19 AM, "apperceive" <markus.sandy@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Taylor
      > <thejeffreytaylor@...>

      > > > produce a second "making of" video
      > > >
      > > > release on youtube with links to site and the master performance
      > > >
      > > > might be fun

      > The Legal Stuff
      >
      > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of
      > the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution,
      > copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please
      > advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any
      > loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail.
      > Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
      >
      > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration
      > number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street,
      > Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

      Jeffrey Taylor
      912 Cole St, #349
      San Francisco, CA 94117 USA
      Main: +14158917310
      Mobile: +14157281264

      �That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your
      longings are universal longings, that you�re not lonely and isolated from
      anyone. You belong.� � F. Scott Fitzgerald