Re: [videoblogging] Re: De-lurking to see if y'all can help solve a problem - Trump Apple's Director of Video!

  • Rupert Howe
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
      It's pretty simple, I guess.

      If the only real value/ROI of the video is to gather emails for the mailing
      list, then that's what you do.

      If there are other benefits to the organisation from being seen by the
      wider public who are not prepared to pay for access with their email
      address, then you make it optional. You'll get fewer email addresses but
      you balance that loss against the benefit of wider exposure.

      Depends on what is more valuable to you and the people spending their time,
      money and effort making the video. Exposure and awareness to a largely
      anonymous audience, or a smaller audience of usable contacts?

      I can see both points of view, but I agree with yours.

      On Mar 1, 2012 3:16 PM, "Josh Wolf" <lists@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I believe you can make a splash page for the entire domain that would
      > request people submit their e-mails. But I agree with the others who feel
      > they should be able to opt out of providing their email address and still
      > watch the bid.
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Josh
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Mar 1, 2012, at 1:19 AM, "apperceive" <markus.sandy@...> wrote:
      >

      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Taylor <thejeffreytaylor@...>
      > wrote:
      > > >

      > > > So the question is: What's the alternative.
      > >
      > > produce a second "making of" video
      > >
      > > release on youtube with links to site and the master performance
      > >
      > > might be fun

      The Legal Stuff

      This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail. Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.

      Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

    • Jeffrey Taylor
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
        Great stuff. Will be responding tomorrow!

        On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 07:35, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > It's pretty simple, I guess.
        >
        > If the only real value/ROI of the video is to gather emails for the mailing
        > list, then that's what you do.
        >
        > If there are other benefits to the organisation from being seen by the
        > wider public who are not prepared to pay for access with their email
        > address, then you make it optional. You'll get fewer email addresses but
        > you balance that loss against the benefit of wider exposure.
        >
        > Depends on what is more valuable to you and the people spending their time,
        > money and effort making the video. Exposure and awareness to a largely
        > anonymous audience, or a smaller audience of usable contacts?
        >
        > I can see both points of view, but I agree with yours.

        > On Mar 1, 2012 3:16 PM, "Josh Wolf" <lists@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        >

        > > I believe you can make a splash page for the entire domain that would
        > > request people submit their e-mails. But I agree with the others who feel
        > > they should be able to opt out of providing their email address and still
        > > watch the bid.
        > >
        > > Best,
        > >
        > > Josh
        > >
        > > Sent from my iPhone
        > >
        > > On Mar 1, 2012, at 1:19 AM, "apperceive" <markus.sandy@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Taylor
        > <thejeffreytaylor@...>

        > > > produce a second "making of" video
        > > >
        > > > release on youtube with links to site and the master performance
        > > >
        > > > might be fun

        > The Legal Stuff
        >
        > This e-mail contains confidential stuff and is for the exclusive use of
        > the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any distribution,
        > copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If received in error, please
        > advise the sender and delete it immediately. We accept no liability for any
        > loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this e-mail.
        > Everything is subject to our Ts and Cs. E&OE.
        >
        > Support Partners (UK) LTD, registered in England, Company Registration
        > number 5173073 . Registered office is Brigham House, High Street,
        > Biggleswade, Bedfordshire SG18 0LD, United Kingdom

        Jeffrey Taylor
        912 Cole St, #349
        San Francisco, CA 94117 USA
        Main: +14158917310
        Mobile: +14157281264

        �That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your
        longings are universal longings, that you�re not lonely and isolated from
        anyone. You belong.� � F. Scott Fitzgerald